July 2023 Moms
Options

Pregnancy depression

Hello there,
my wife is having our1st baby, she has her 12th week, and she is getting sad time to time, I do not know how I can help her with this,

Could you advise me smth?

Re: Pregnancy depression

• Options
    I am currently having waves of depression as well, this is my first pregnancy and I am currently 11.5 weeks. I look for comfort things like, watching a movie or tv I enjoy that makes me feel good. I recently went to a nail salon, which I normally do not do and that made me feel pretty good. Writing in a journal. And as her partner just listening to her anytime she feels like expressing herself, or just physically being present, sometimes not saying anything, just being there will help. 
  • Options
    <3 10.5 weeks pregnant with my rainbow baby. With a myriad of stressors, added hormones, and a history of anxiety/depression, my OB put my on an anti-anxiety/depression med. It’s not for everyone, but greatly levels out my moods. Thank you for being in tune with her!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in the same boat as your wife, I am just hitting 12 weeks and it comes and goes in waves. One thing that has helped me is music, walking listening to a good podcast or doing something I enjoy which is puzzles!