Infertility
Options

Intro and ivf stress

kkbugg29kkbugg29 Just Joined
edited September 2022 in Infertility
Hi , everyone im Kristina. A little backstory we are 4 yrs into ttc after 3 rounds of iui we are just now starting ivf. We have various things working against us and we dont fit into any statistic categories. Im not sure about anyone elses dr or options but we only have 1 fertility clinic here and they only have 4 dr's. I dont particularly like my dr , or the clinic it always seems their first focus is how and when they get paid and all convos are short with a tone of i am annoying them and wasting their time. Idk what happened to the doctors that used to listen and care. Dr who used to explain things ahead of time not "you will recieve paperwork with your schedule when the time comes" im just really bummed out after being om the phone with them most of the day. We really wanted to transfer 2 frozen embryos but after talking with them we are only going to transfer one to avoid the headache of arguing with them. We just want a healthy baby. And i know i shouldnt dwell on ifs but i just have this feeling that wont go away this feeling like i shouldnt be hopeful.

Re: Intro and ivf stress

• Options
    Not sure if you have had your cycle yet or how it went, but 1 embryo is pretty much the recommendation across the board unless there are specific other factors. But speak up to your provider. Tell them you aren’t feeling comfortable or listened to. Hopefully it’s just a bad bedside manner but super competent type thing. Good luck and best wishes!
  • Options
    Hi, I am so sorry you are not happy with your clinic. Staying positive is crucial for a positive final success, and you own this to your future baby. Focus on yourself and why you have decided to visit a clinic (to complete your family) paying less attention to your clinic approach, althought it's not fair, as you can change nothing in them. Fingers crossed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello have you had your transfer already?  Maybe it is their policy to transfer only 1.  In our case we had no choice.  We had only 1 embryo to transfer and none to freeze.  But that single one became our baby.  Try your best to ignore their attitude.  And try to remain hopeful about the process.  I hope you will give us an update!
  • Options

Hi Kristina, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with TTC and the difficulties you're facing with your fertility clinic. It's understandable to feel frustrated and overwhelmed when dealing with such a challenging situation, especially when you're not receiving the level of care and attention you need from your healthcare providers.

It's important to remember that you have the right to be heard and to receive the best possible care from your doctors. If you're feeling like your concerns and questions are being dismissed, it might be helpful to consider finding a new fertility clinic or seeking a second opinion from another doctor.

Regarding your feelings of uncertainty and doubt, it's natural to feel anxious or hesitant about the outcome of IVF and the possibility of having a healthy baby. However, it's also important to stay positive and hopeful, as stress and negative emotions can have a negative impact on fertility. Take care of yourself, both physically and emotionally, during this challenging time. Seek support from friends, family, or a therapist if needed, and try to focus on the present moment rather than worrying about the future. Best of luck to you on your fertility journey.

• Options
    edited April 2023
    This journey is what you make of it. Be an advocate for yourself and channel all the positive vibes, positive affirmations and all things positive. If you’re already invested in this doctor then don’t back down on what you want as the goal or future. You’re paying the money to invest in their clinic, so they can in return, fulfill your wishes. My husband and I have been TTC for 6 years and ultimately our doctor suggested IVF as our best option. Our FET is next month and I’ve requested 2 embryos as well. Do all the homework on your own and find the support that best suits your vision. A great resource is the Bang Family (you can find them on YouTube) the mothers name is Kelsey and they also requested 2 embryos and have 2 twin girls as a result. Best of luck to you on journey! Sending all the baby dust your way and a big fat positive test in the near future ❤️
  • Options
    Kristina, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences with your current fertility clinic and doctor. It's important to feel supported and heard during such a challenging time. Consider seeking a second opinion or researching other clinics to find one that better aligns with your needs. Stay hopeful and focused on your goal of a healthy baby.