February 2023 Moms
Options

December symptoms

What will annoy you this holiday season? ๐Ÿ˜

Re: December symptoms

• Options
    Still itching... I feel angrier about not being able to eat everything because I'm really craving awful food right now.
  • Options
    Oh my god, the itching just started here as well! It moves around all the time and tends to be only a small part of my body at any given time, but there's always something itching!!!

What's your worst craving? I feel lucky to crave satsumas, I eat maybe 6 per day and apart from making heartburn worse I think it might be good for my fluid intake and vit c and the like!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited December 2022
    I've been craving weird things like chili dogs (I don't even like hot dogs) and McChickens which I can't even have. Also cupcakes piled with frosting. I can't have egg, wheat, dairy or sugar so I'm not sure where the heck I'm going to find this miraculous cupcake. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    I woke up with a portion of my thigh, above my knee, numb. I guess sheโ€™s positioned in a weird way.ย 
  • Options
    She must be sitting or dancing on a nerve!!
  • Options
    I have no idea if this is pregnancy related, but I get this terrible burning sensation behind my right shoulder blade. It feels more like burning than pain, and itโ€™s super uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy must be! Last time my son sat on my sciatic all night one night and all I could feel was like my leg was on fire and I couldnโ€™t move. Babies are something.. I think she moved after I walked around for a bit because it back to normal now!ย 

@karbaud hopefully that goes away! Sounds painful. Baby could be sitting on a nerve that goes up your back, if there are those. Iโ€™m no anatomy expert hahaย 
  • Options
    @karbaud Sometimes right shoulder pain could indicate gallbladder issues. If the pain is associated with eating a high fatty meal, that may indicate gallbladder issues. Other differentials include muscular skeletal issues, nerve pain, and if related to breathing, maybe lungs. If it persists, you may want to see a provider to assess and properly diagnose you.ย 
  • Options
    @ttc3y, thanks. I donโ€™t think itโ€™s associated with food. It seems to happen more when Iโ€™m sitting in certain positions. It could be any of the other things you mentioned. Before getting pregnant, I was having nerve issues in my right arm and shoulder pain (but not the blade). Apparently, my muscles are so tight that they pushed my ribs upward, which was causing other issues. I could also see it being lung related. My breathing has been awful throughout the third trimester. I canโ€™t wait for baby to drop and ease up on my lungs a bit! I plan to mention it to my OB next week when I visit.
  • Options
    Currently 4 of us at home with the flu ๐Ÿค’. I can honestly say that this has been worse than COVID for us.ย 
    I am taking Tamiflu and it has been working for me.ย 
    Stay safe mommas! Wear your masks and sanitize! โ™ฅ๏ธย 
  • Options
    @iscarelys oh no! ๐Ÿ™ˆ Itโ€™s never fun being sick, especially when itโ€™s the whole household. I hope you all feel better soon and in time to enjoy at least part of the holidays!ย 
  • Options
    @ttc3y thank you so much, lovey ๐Ÿ’•ย 
    We were planning on hosting a Christmas Eve Pajama Dinner, but weโ€™ve decided to cancel. Since it is so many of us sick at once, the germs will probably linger and I will feel horrible if others get sick!ย 
  • Options
    We had a super fun incident today when the baby was kicking and moving a lot and then suddenly my pulse was high, I was shaky and clammy, and hadnโ€™t been doing anything at all. It was like a panic attack without the panic. I returned to normal after 15 minutes or so, and apparently thatโ€™s a normal thing that can happen if they move and compress a vein and cause a hypotension episode. Everything is fine, and we didnโ€™t have to go in (though we did talk to the on call midwife), but this might be my least favorite pregnancy symptom so far.
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle that sounds awful ๐Ÿ˜ณ Iโ€™m glad it ended up not being anything serious. Hopefully that was a one time thing.ย 
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle oh wow, Iโ€™ve never heard of that. Glad it was nothing too serious!ย 
  • Options
    Yes, it's annoying. I had this when the heart is bitting more than 140 per min. It was awhenย  my daughter was a year old. And it occurs intermittently.
    ย 
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle wow, thatโ€™s crazy! I guess thatโ€™s the reason why the experts recommend us to sleep on our side? Were you lying down, sitting, or standing?
  • Options
    @ttc3y it must be, though I just had my blood pressure taken lying on my back on Monday (for a study on Covid in pregnancy) and it looked fine then. I was sitting upright in a breastfeeding class, which fortunately was being taught by an RN/IBCLC in an outpatient clinic building and my husband was with me, so I could get some quick monitoring of my vitals while I called my midwife group and we could feel pretty good about not going in to the actual hospital. It was such a weird situation, though, and Iโ€™m hoping to never repeat it.

@meryst Iโ€™m glad Iโ€™m not alone, but Iโ€™m sorry youโ€™ve had these episodes, too. They are decidedly not fun.
  • Options
    Has anyone developed misophonia during pregnancy? Listening to relatives eat over the holidays is destroying me. Also, yesterday I was watching a video and then someone turned the TV on and another person starting playing a different video from their phone. It was all in the same room and caused so much anxiety. I had to stop watching what I was watching. Sounds are seriously bothering me.
  • Options
    @karbaud I hear you. It doesn't go away once the baby is born. I consider myself now "sensitive to noise" because I'm easily set off by sounds of children being wild and fighting, etc. since having children and I don't remember ever being that way before. And the chewing...once they turn about 5, I can't handle the sounds of chewing. My husband's is the worst because the sound his teeth make but I've never told him because I'm ashamed. ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Options
    @karbaud Iโ€™ve always been sensitive to noise, but itโ€™s definitely heightened since having a child. I canโ€™t stand to be in a room with multiple noise sources.ย 

@seeds_of_joy the chewing never bothered me before my husband pointed out someone chewing loudly at a restaurant before we had kids. Now I despise listening to him chew and he knows it because itโ€™s his fault I even hear it ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Options
    Omgโ€ฆI had this overwhelming craving for neopolitan ice cream! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I almost went to the store to find keto ice cream but ate some corn tortilla chips and keto brownie brittle instead and my ice cream craving went away. I think my body is craving carbs. Ugh, these are the moments when having GD sucks!ย