January 2023 Moms
Options

Feelings about my baby shower

So I broke down in the car out of the blue after I got an email from someone throwing my friend who’s due in Feb a baby shower. While all of that is fine and exciting, I am throwing my own baby shower for 2 reasons: no one else offered and it’s a joint post elopement celebration, a reception we never had basically. But I got so emotional over the fact that I don’t have friends that would have even considered throwing me or helping me even plan this party. 

Re: Feelings about my baby shower

• Options
    Don’t feel bad. I threw my own shower and it was EXACTLY how I wanted it. No one offered to give me one either and I was hurt for a few days but O got over it. 
  • Options
    I definitely feel this! I threw my own and just had it today. My stepmother was supposed to throw it then backed out so it fell on me. I was very emotional and stressed about it but ultimately the whole thing came together the way I wanted and I didn't let anyone ruin it for me. Do what you want momma and make it a special day for you and daddy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't feel bad over throwing your own baby shower. I am also planning my own just because no one offered and I don't really have friends that are close to me. I do get sad at times because others have someone special plan it but I think as long as you don't stress yourself and make it fun and enjoy the process you'll be okay. Plus you'll celebrate it with people whose company you enjoy. Don't be sad it's a happy moment in your journey!
  • Options
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, my friend told me she was going to throw me a baby shower because “that’s what friends are for”. Never happened. She told me that about 3 months ago. I don’t expect it to happen now, my due date is January 25. So I’m not even having a baby shower. But I bought everything I’ll need so it’s not a big deal. (Thank God for CNA Agency jobs!!!) Just annoys me more than anything.