August 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-in 12/27 EDD 8/16-8/31

This thread is for estimated due dates (EDD) from 8/16 - 8/31.

Post your answers in the thread below 🤗

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:
(First-time mom, second-time mom, etc.)

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are your new years traditions?
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/27 EDD 8/16-8/31

• Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited December 2022

Estimated due date/ Weeks + Days: 8/29, 5 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: first ultrasound on Friday!

How are you feeling: pretty good, very tired. Sore boobs, occasional mild nausea.

Rants/Raves: excited for my US this week! I had two mature follicles when I did my IUI so there is a possibility of this being a multiples pregnancy. I’ll find out for sure on Friday. Either way, I’m just thrilled to actually be pregnant and finally having good betas/progesterone levels. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? Eating snack food instead of real dinner. Otherwise, we just have a quiet night in.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingermama29 The idea of having multiples is exciting but the reality of it scares the crap out of me. It would be hard until they turn 3. Especially with my 5 at home.  

@alexisjoy92 I have a friend who has chickens and she has really enjoyed them. She brought some egg drop soup (made with her eggs) to one of our homeschool events and it was so delicious. 
  • Options
    @AlexisJoy92 that's so exciting about the chicks!! It'll so fun to watch them grow up over the next months.

@gingermama29 good luck with your ultrasound! that's so exciting!!

@emeraldcity603 omg that sucks! I'm sorry! I hope your husband can rescue you soon!

PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    5w,6d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+ third baby 

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound and appt on 1/16

How are you feeling: tired, on and off nausea, very bloated. I just want to wear pjs.

Rants / Raves: I just wish my appointment was sooner, I want to see that baby! I’m also feeling super lazy and I was going to be super productive on this break. It’s only Tuesday though, right?

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? Usually just snack foods and hanging out. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @gingermama29 Excited for you to hear the outcome! If I have more than one in there I’d flip a lid. One was surprise enough when we already were set with the two we have! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: I’m moving here now, they changed my due date from 8/10 to 8/16! 6w6d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: first ultrasound today!

How are you feeling: today I haven’t felt as bad as I did all of last week. Been having terrible morning sickness, food doesn’t taste like it should, and my boobs are so sore!

Rants / Raves: excited to have gotten an ultrasound appointment so soon, I’ve been an anxious mess worrying if everything is okay!

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are your new years traditions?
     We don’t really have any. Usually we end up at someone’s get together. It’s our anniversary but we’ve never been big into that so we don’t do anything special really

• Options
    @stashattack I accidentally took off with both mine and my husband’s keys. So he wasn’t able to come get me. I asked a man for help blocking traffic at the top of the hill so I could maintain my speed. He told me to hug the snow to help with traction and that really helped me up the hill. Then I nearly got stuck on another hill. I had to back down and get enough speed to climb it. Then I ran the stop sign at the top of the hill so I could stop on a flat surface. There was an area to pull off on. So I wasn’t putting me or anyone in danger. Ugh, the entire ordeal has caused me so much physical stress my insides are shaking. 
  • Options
    @AlexisJoy92 aww how sweet about your baby chicks! Glad they hatched in time!

@emeraldcity603 ooof. I hope YH got there pretty quickly. That sounds stressful. Driving on ice is no joke! What state do you live in?

@novelblessings I’m a bit torn on what I’m hoping for. It took us 3.5 years for this pregnancy with 4 losses in there. I always wanted 3 kids but don’t know if I’ll want to go through numerous fertility treatments again after this baby. So there is a certain advantage to having two at once and knowing that we’ll be done. Otherwise, we’re a coin flip for whether or not we want another. I’ll be happy with whatever is growing in my uterus, as long as it’s finally a rainbow take home baby (or babies). 

@justyouraveragemama yay for a good US. I’m excited for mine on Friday!

@stashattack thanks! And thanks for starting the threads!
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I live in Alaska. We usually have an ice season but it usually starts later in the season. I broke my wrist last February falling on ice so my anxiety is really high. I’m not even sure why I attempted the hike. My friends said the trail wasn’t icy. It was just the road where we parked. It was a bit of a walk from my vehicle to the trailhead so I didn’t even attempt to walk on it. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 totally understandable! I live in NY, not far from Buffalo so I totally get the anxiety of driving and walking on the ice/snow. Alaska is on my list of states I really want to visit! 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @gingermama29 After living here for almost 4 years now, I have come to realize that Alaska tries to kill you in a different way each season. We have earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides, avalanches, tons of ice, treacherous subzero temperatures, forest fires, tons of toxic and some deadly plants that bloom in the summer, and last but not least, bears and moose that either try to rip your face off or trample you. I’m sure I’m forgetting something on that list. It’s definitely an adventure every time you leave your house. 

Edit to add: wind storms that have the wind force of hurricanes, and we run the risk of tsunamis when big enough earthquakes hit. Lots of fun up here. 😆
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 well that sounds like my worst nightmare. 😂
  • Options
    @gingermama29 We traveled the mountain passes to my in-laws one July and got trapped by a forest fire. So we couldn’t make it home the night we were driving back down. We had to drive until we found a hotel that had availability. The temps dropped really low and I didn’t realize I needed snow gear in the middle of the summer. So we struggled to keep the kids from getting hypothermia when we would take them from the van to the hotel. It was a resort so there was a bit of a walk. I learn new things every year and this past year I bought a book about survival in Alaska. I’m so scared of getting caught under an avalanche. I would panic and so would the kids and we would use up all the air too quickly. Can you tell I have anxiety? 😆 It’s bad and ever since having kids I create random disasters that could potentially kill us all and then obsess about how to survive them. In my defense, I traveled on a road last winter and a week later there was an avalanche in the area I was driving on. So my fear isn’t completely irrational. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Moved from 8/15 to 8/23

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM; however lost my 10 year old last year so this one will be like an only child :(

Upcoming appointments: had an ultrasound today, measured a week behind. Next appointment 1/12

How are you feeling: anxious but excited, nauseated, boobs are SO sore, tired

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? We change it up every year. Traveling to Aruba this year! Which I’m nervous about being pregnant but it’ll be ok!
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 well you are a brave one, even with the anxiety. I don’t think I ever want to visit now LoL. They make it look so cool on TV. I was also not aware of the plants! Time to google!
  • Options
    @novelbkessings there are plants that if you touch them and then get into the sunlight it can cause burns on your skin. Lots of plants that sting you, and we have monkshood which will kill you. We went on a hike last summer up a butte. We usually do the backside but since I had recently broken my wrist we did the side with the stairs. The back side is a steep climb for the first 1/3 and that would be difficult with a weak wrist and 5 kids. Anyways, the trail was covered in dangerous plants. I was constantly on guard making sure my kids didn’t rub against anything or pick the flowers. I discover more and more dangerous plants each summer as we learn to identify them all. I used to let my kids pick flowers and pull leaves off of bushes. Nope, not anymore. My rule is, if you can’t identify it, you can’t touch it. So we get really good nature study on plants done for our homeschool every summer. Alaska is a beautiful place. Definitely worth a visit. You just need to be prepared for the season that you’re in. I have tubs of gear for each season. I rotate through them. Mud season is a fun sensory season. Lots of mud all over the kids from head to toe. We use full body mud suits so when they are done we unzip them and the kids are dry and roughly 90% clean underneath. 

The best thing about Alaska is that due to the dangerous elements and wildlife, you need to explore in large groups so I have a huge group of really close mom friends. We hang out multiple times a week all year round. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/28, 5w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: Trying to get on the schedule

How are you feeling: very anxious for a first appointment. Boobs are crazy sore and swollen

Rants / Raves:

Questions: don’t even know where to begin

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? We don’t really have any yet! Husband and I often travel around the holidays and like a chill night at home
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 Wow. I have so many more questions now! Still that’s pretty amazing! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:5+3 I think? Last week of august 

FTM/STM/STM+:

STM+ - 3rd 

Upcoming appointments: January 20

How are you feeling: very tired but otherwise normal 

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are your new years traditions? I don’t have any 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @emeraldcity603 wow just reading that situation gave me anxiety it would’ve been tough on my own but with five kids in the back😳 so glad you made it home safe what a wonderful experience for your kids to experience growing up in Alaska it sounds like you’ve got some incredible learning opportunities for them 😊
  • Options
    @AlexisJoy92 I grew up in the south and never experienced snow growing up so learning to navigate deep snow and ice has been a huge learning opportunity. I nearly got us stuck in snow a few weeks ago and I was silently panicking so I wouldn’t upset my daughter. She was blissfully unaware of the seriousness of the situation. Another friend of mine got stuck on that same hill the other day after I did and she ended up sliding into a snow berm. She had to wait 2 hours for a tow truck. 😬 she doesn’t have a rear entertainment system for her kids either so they had to just sit and occupy themselves. I at least have movies to keep my kids entertained.