Weekly Check-in 12/27

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why?

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/27

• EDD / Weeks + Days: feb 28, 31w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): tub of popcorn 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: need to call and book something for mid January 

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise I’ve been great, but my stomach has been giving me issues 😭

Rants/Raves:  we’ve gotten like 2 feet of snow in the past week and I’m over it ❄️ but the kids love it so win/lose? 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? Parks and Rec maybe? Everyone seems generally happy and nothing too bad happens haha. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5; 30w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini 

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for 5D ultrasound (elective). January 11 for 32 week growth scan

How are you feeling?: tired. I don’t sleep much these days 😵‍💫

Rants/Raves: I just put a deposit on a Toyota Highlander Hybrid!! The crappy part is that I may wait up to a year before it actually gets to the dealership because there are so many that have been ordered and being manufactured, but because I gave her 4 color choices and I want the XLE model it may come much much sooner 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Questions: no

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? Definitely Parks and Recreation as it’s my favorite show of all time and the shenanigans that happen would be constantly entertaining. @muggsd great choice haha 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 15th / 28 weeks + 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Somewhere between an eggplant and an acorn squash 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Follow up ultrasound on Saturday.

How are you feeling?: Tired and heavy. 

Rants/Raves: Fiancé has an ear infection for the first time in his life and is basically having a meltdown. I had ear infections constantly from ages 14 - 20, so I can sympathize, but I am so over his behavior. He’s acting like a 4 year-old. He literally threw a tantrum this morning because I pointed out that he had left six plastic bottles on the kitchen table with half an inch of liquid in each. I just wanted to know if he was going to drink them or if I should dump them and throw them in the recycling. 🙄

Questions: Should I be counting kicks? I notice if she’s extra mobile or if she’s a little quieter. Is that enough?

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? I wish I was Samantha Stevens from Bewitched. To me, she has the perfect life.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 29w5d | March 9

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash, which makes me realize I have no concept of how big that is. 

Team blue/pink/green: girl

Upcoming Appointments: 1st week of Jan for a regular midwife checkup and then 32w growth scan the following week. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty great! Being on holiday break definitely helps. Catching up on sleep and putting aside work from my brain is helping tons. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I finally get to have the time to work on Baby’s room tomorrow! I have two small book shelves to paint and some legs to add to one to make into a side table, curtains to hang, and area rug to set up…and then it’s onto things like washing the clothes and getting that stuff sorted- easy peasy! 
    Rant: my in laws arrive Thursday and are staying over. We don’t have a guest room anymore and we offered to pay for them to stay at the hotel that is a literal 3 min drive up the block. Nope. Insisted we buy an air mattress instead and they’ll stay with us. Wtf. They just bring an air of stress and everything becomes A Thing with them. Not looking forward to all the pregnancy commentary and frankly just commentary on everything. “It’s just a day and a half” will be my zen mantra. 

Questions: Someone asked about counting kicks - I don’t because my anxious brain would be in over drive. I noticed her movements and if I find she’s quieter and I’m worried, I’ll drink orange juice or something and lay on my side and that usually does the trick within 30 min. 

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? A character in New Girl for sure. I wanna hang in the loft and witness Schmidt/Nick conversations and play True American. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7, 30W

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB appointment on Friday, and then every 2 weeks until mid February. 

How are you feeling?: I’m finally getting over my cold, but still stuffed up and tired. Pregnancy wise, I’m feeling very heavy. My belly feels huge and my boobs are starting to ache again😅

Rants/Raves: Half of our new manufactured house came today, and the rest will be coming tomorrow! Then it will be roughly 40 days until we can move in. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? 

Probably someone from the office! They seem low-key yet somehow get their work done 😂
  • mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited December 2022
    @lightintothevoid since you’re 28 weeks I recommend downloading the Count the Kicks app. It helps you keep track of movements and will give you an idea of your baby’s normal patterns. My OB office highly recommends it for 3rd trimester 
  • @lightintothevoid my MW says as long as there are two active sessions a day and you will typically notice a schedule. If you don't feel them, lay down and see if you can get 6 kicks in 2 hours. They have a 90 minute sleep schedule that's why she says 2 hours. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 28w2 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Team blue/pink/green: Girl

Upcoming Appointments: MW in a couple weeks 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. A little sore in the hips but other than that good. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I have the week off work so I get to decompress. 

Questions: n/a

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? I have no idea. Probably someone with some type of super power. 
  • @lightintothevoid my MW was really intense about the kick counts and sent me home with a chart and info sheets. I’ve been using the Count the Kicks app too (free). I have just been doing it once a day at night. He’s really active around 1-2pm and again from 1-2am so I usually just take note that he’s wiggly in the afternoon and then I count the nighttime kicks to see how long it takes to get 10 kicks. I usually have a glass of water or milk before I get in bed which is probably what winds him up so much at 1am. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21st / 28 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: growth ultrasound on Thursday. Way too much anxiety over having to drink all that water for the US. I’ve literally been practicing like every day. 

How are you feeling?: pregnant. Lol. So round and slow. I feel like a turtle with like every movement now. 

Rants/Raves:
    rant - my brother (22) has everyone worked to their last nerve right now and I just feel so bad for how mean he is to my parents when they are so accommodating and nice to him. He keeps walking out on any job he doesn’t like and my parents have been helping him cover all his bills lately. He fully freaked the f out at my mom (in front of everyone) on Christmas because she asked him if he was signing up for school (and not even in an annoying way). Tomorrow we’re going out to celebrate his birthday and I’m just not looking forward to spending time with him while he’s acting like such a brat. 
    Rave - my mom, MIL, and sister all gifted us a ton of baby stuff for Christmas (and it’s like totally cute stuff that we love). Now the nursery is starting to fill up with clothes and toys and blankets and I’m just so glad that baby is going to be so loved and spoiled.

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? I still think it would be fun to be Mia Thermopolis from Princess Diaries and wake up to find out you’re a princess.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 27.5 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage

Team blue/pink/green: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 1/9 for 28 week checkup

How are you feeling?: Large. We also all picked up whatever east coast virus is going around while we've been in VA. We fly home to WA today where I'm sure we'll also get whatever has been incubating while we've been gone.

Rants/Raves: Rave - This was the first Xmas in 3 years that we have been together as an immediate family (hubby + toddler. Last year I was deployed and the year before that we were moving so it was just baby & I while hubby drove cross country with the cats.) AND we got to see both extended families. Feeling so incredibly blessed that we were able to do this.

Rant - Less a rant and more just that I found this funny. I've been telling hubby for years that men are bad at communicating and he always denies it. Get 2 women together for an hr and they'll know their life stories, but hubby doesn't even know what some of his friends do for a living. Anyway, we got together with one of his best friends for dinner while we were in VA and it turned out he had never told him that we were expecting baby #2. Being a guy friend, he made it most of the way through dinner without noticing how hugely pregnant I am until I mentioned it. I rest my case.

Questions:

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? Probably Harry Potter. Though Princess Diaries is a good one, too. I loved those books/movies growing up.
  • Thank you all so much for the kick count advice!! 🙏
  • @mamahosch I have the 2021 Toyota highlander hyrbid!!! Hands down the best vehicle I’ve ever owned! I save SO MUCH on gas!!! You made a great choice and I’m so thrilled for you!! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 30 weeks and 3 days- EDD is now Feb 20! 

Baby is the size of a(n): helmet 

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for an ultrasound. 

How are you feeling?: this will be long. I was active on her for the first and some of my 2nd trimester and then I isolated myself. I got the absolute worst depression and anxiety in the world. It had a lot to do with my constantly bleeding, then the MCI, then I found out my cervix was funnelling, then they said I had a polyp, I was told I’d be lucky to make it to 29 weeks pregnant. I was then diagnosed with gestational diabetes (which I took as me being overweight before being pregnant. I had no idea it had to do with my placenta). On top of all that, my basement flooded, we got a HUGE snow storm and my roof is leaking. It never seems to end lol. But I finally reached out to my doctor and I explained how I was feeling, he agreed I for sure have depression and anxiety, he put me on meds and you guys, it’s a night and day difference. When something doesn’t feel right, I can be rationale and calm and almost always realize that I’m ok and baby Is ok. If you feel like life is just too much, not just a day, but like for days/weeks/months on end, please reach out. I think talking to my dr saved my life honestly. I was in such a bad place. Anyways I miss you all SO much and hope that it’s ok if I hop back in feet first. 

Rants/Raves: rant- damn snow ! rave- it’s melting! 

Questions: has anyone had an induction due to gestational diabetes ? I’m actually totally good with an induction, I’ve done research on going full term and it freaks me out the possibility of my baby being born still born. 

I think because of the GD, I’d really like to be on Charlie and the chocolate factory 😂 I’d like to have access to eat ALL of that stuff 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 29 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: tired and heavy

Rants/Raves: my grandpa passed away Christmas Day. I saw him the day before and he seemed to be doing well. I’m irrationally mad and I know it’s grief but I haven’t really experienced this before. 

Questions: none

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? I’m gonna go with Parks n Rec too. It’s been my comfort show so many times. 
  • @babymac4321 I’m so sorry you’ve had SUCH a hard time in the past few months, but am so glad you were strong and got the help you needed! Welcome back! 

@TortugaAzul I’m so sorry for your loss. This is such a hard time of year to lose someone. I hope you’re doing ok. 
  • @TortugaAzul so sorry for your loss.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/20 28+3

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut or eggplant? 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue💙

Upcoming Appointments: just had a midwife appt yesterday. Regular check up and glucose test. Next appt is in two weeks. 

How are you feeling?: disgusting. 😅 So large, uncomfortable, sore, BH have started. Lots of cramps when laying on my side. RLP and sciatica in full force. I was really hoping to have a few good weeks before I hit this "done!" wall. It came early this time. 

Rants/Raves: Had a midwife appt yesterday and measuring a week ahead, she had a hard time feeling his position, which probably means excessive fluid, which was explains why I'm already so uncomfortable, and she thinks he may be breech. Midwife isn't worried about any of it yet, and I know better but it's making me a bit nervous, mostly because this pregnancy just feels different. I'm also doing another homebirth and I think the horror stories everyone keeps insisting on telling me are kind of getting in my head a bit. So frustrated with myself over the nerves, because I 100% know better than to be worried this early and let all the nonsense get to me.

Also the only thing I've done to prepare for this baby so far is finally move Samson out of our room. It's a different season than most of my other babies and it could either be very warm or cold so I really should start preparing a teensy bit more. March is coming fast! 😅

Questions:Na 

GTKY: If you could be a character in any TV show or movie, what show/movie would it be and why? Oof. I don't watch enough TV to really say. 😅
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙