3rd Trimester

Vaginal Itching

Hi mamas,

I am currently 31 + 5 and have been experiencing vaginal itching for nearly 8 weeks. Initially, I went in to get swabbed for yeast and bacteria, as well as STI’s and everything came back normal, however, I just don’t see how that can be when I’m constantly itching. The itching is located on the skin above the clitoris and on the outer labia on both sides. I have pictures but I don’t know if that’s allowed. In my first pregnancy I also experienced itching but it was treated with Fluconazole and that changed the game. I’m wondering if I should just try it again even though the tests came back fine. It itches so bad and the only thing that relieves it is to scratch it and then coat with coconut oil or Vaseline.

Re: Vaginal Itching

• Doesn't hurt to ask to be tested again if it's causing discomfort. You could also ask about the possibility of it being cholestatis.
  • Same here ! I’m 27+1 and having the exact same problem in the same area. I’ve checked down there and nothing looks alarming at all just VERY itchy. I’ve also been checked for yeast and STI’s and nothing. Definitely going to be asking my OB at my next appointment in 2 weeks! If you get any feedback before then keep me updated plz! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey! So I figured out that it is dermatitis. Apparently my laundry detergent (Gain) is the irritant. I used it prior to pregnancy without any irritation down there but I can say that it’s irritated other parts of my body before. Im switching to Dreft lol. Might as well since I’ll be washing the babies clothes with it. I hope you find relief and can find out what may be causing it to itch for you!