Pregnant after 35

Anyone going to start seeing their OB twice a week starting at 32 weeks ?

I am 37 with my second child .. I just had my 28 week appointment today and my OB casually mentioned well as of 32 weeks we will see you twice a week .. I guess I will be having a stress test one day and then the second appointment will be an ultrasound.. so far this pregnancy has been normal .. no issues so far .. anyone else starting to see the OB that frequently?

Answers

• I’m 38 years old and will be starting once a week appointments at 35 weeks. I’m at 33 weeks now. During those weekly appointments, I’ll be getting non stress tests and standard check-ups. I won’t be getting any additional ultrasounds.
  • At first I thought "no", them I read your post and thought, "well, when you put it that way...'

I'm 41 pregnant with my first child. I started seeing a midwife rather than ob a little over halfway through my pregnancy. Around that time, I started going in to see the midwife once a week. In addition, they send me to Maternal Fetal Medicine at the hospital once a week for ultrasounds. So I do have 2 appointments a week, but neither are technically with an ob- one is the ultrasound sonographer and the other is the midwife. No complications, but they're inducing at 39 weeks due to my age.
  • Loading the player...
  • My mfm mentioned that once I hit 32 weeks they will be seeing me weekly and the plan is to induce at 39 weeks unless we have to schedule a C-section for possible placenta previa between 37-38 weeks. Fingers crossed my placenta has moved up at the next check this coming week. 
  • Yeah I think I’ll meet with my OB quickly after these appointments since everything will be done in his office .. but honestly I have no idea .. I just have to get through my third glucose test .. I just got called to let me know I failed my second one hour test by one point 😭so I have to go back and do the three hour test on Thursday ..it was mentioned that I would be induced possibly at 39 weeks .. so we will see .. I’m hoping this baby cooks that long .. my first baby was born at 35 weeks no issues no NICU time thank the lord..
  • mybimbamybimba member
    Yep. I only ever had over the belly ultrasounds