April 2023 Moms
Options

Braxton Hicks (April 2023 due date)

hello ladies, question for you all. Anyone experiencing many Braxton Hicks contractions around week 22 of their pregnancy? How does it feel for you? What’s the level of comfort? Should I be worried about them?

thank you

Re: Braxton Hicks (April 2023 due date)

• Options
    Hi! I’m almost 23 weeks and I’ve been feeling them for a couple weeks now. To me they feel like a tightening sensation, sometimes almost like a mild period cramp, kind of uncomfortable but not painful. If I touch my stomach, it feels really hard to the touch. 

It’s really common even this early and not dangerous, definitely doesn’t mean labor is near! If they’re painful or you’re worried for any reason, contact your OB though.

BTW, this would be a great post in our l questions thread, we try to not create too many one-off question threads so it doesn’t clog up the forum. Also feel free to introduce yourself in the pinned introduction thread if you want to stick around! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I'm only 20 weeks and I've definitely been feeling them for about a week now. Lots of tightening in my stomach but thankfully nothing painful yet
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I’ve felt them a few times, I’m 24 weeks. The first time was last week on my babymoon! Kinda like a mix between a mild period cramp and a stomach cramp in my abdomen that lasts a few seconds but isn’t really painful, just kinda uncomfortable.