2nd Trimester
Options

Lacking nutrition

I’m the problem child that is now older and pregnant. I’m overall healthy but I’m not into fruits or vegetables. I barely eat meats… I don’t care for textures and bold flavors either. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I’m taking my vitamins, supplements, and Pediasure but my last visit they told me that I need to try fruits and vegetables… I’m stuck. 

I tried a baby carrot this morning and 🤢

Re: Lacking nutrition

• Options
    Smoothies!! You can hide lot of stuff in there - spinach has almost no flavor - frozen banana + spinach + any other fruit + milk/water or juice and add some ground flaxseed too! Add cauliflower into your Mac n cheese and it shouldn't change the taste much. Baked potato loaded with broccoli and cheese or mushrooms or anything else you can add. Cheese on top of anything... Dried fruit/trail mix. No idea what you're willing to try but maybe one of those will help!
  • Options
    Also please make sure you give that baby/ toddler all the veggies and fruits early and often so they develop a taste for them!! They're really so good! Oh AND - remember it takes your taste buds 3 tries to appreciate a new flavor, so keep trying Mama!!

Also - my favorite way to eat veggies - toss them with some olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and roast until they get a little brown at the edges (flip half way through) - so delicious that way!! It's how I learned to love brussel sprouts! Broccoli and cauliflower are a good combo for this.. Or green beans and mushrooms.. But you could do anything.