stashattackstashattack member
edited December 2022 in August 2023 Moms
Whatcha thankful for today?!
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: Thankful Thursday 12/22

• Options
    That we made it to Maryland safe and sound!! 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    My FIL went in last week for a lot of abdominal pain and jaundice, and the doctors found a tumor on his pancreas. He's 59. They did a biopsy and we've been waiting for results, but were bracing for a pancreatic cancer diagnosis (what he was initially told it maybe/likely was, although when they went in for the biopsy they said actually maybe not). If it was cancer, we'd have to figure out either flying out Christmas night or driving the 13 hours to see him for a couple days, because his odds of this being his last Christmas were pretty high. Well, we just got the preliminary biopsy results, and they still have some follow-up work but the tumor doesn't appear to be malignant after all, which would make this a pretty severe case of pancreatitis. THANK YOU JESUS. The man is a workaholic who basically survives on bagels and peanut butter, so health issues aren't entirely unexpected, but I'm SO thankful that a, this isn't terminal, and b, that now he might be scared into actually taking care of himself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ki1244 wow, that’s a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I’m glad it’s looking good. 

I’m thankful DH is home. I have been solo parenting all week and I really need a break.