August 2023 Moms
Options

Stomach bug/flu -5 week pregnant

I am 5 week pregnant and had cramps last week but this week the cramps got worst and last night I felt super cold and had bad chills. My family dr took flu and covid tests and both came negative and he diagnosed me with stomach flu as it seems to be widespread now. I have light nausea and bad stomachache and a little muscle pain but nothing else. I got my flu vaccine before getting pregnant. I am trying to make an appointment with my obgyn this week but I am super worried for my baby. I am not sure how this is going to affect the baby? had anyone have similar experience before? Thanks for your help in advance

Re: Stomach bug/flu -5 week pregnant

• Options
    Hi! We try to keep one off threads to a minimum. This is a great question for our mega question thread!  Check out the board organization thread incase you have any questions and the knottie thread for how to change your username
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    Hi! I got the covid and flu shot before getting pregnant also, week 4 I actually had the stomach bug (was confirmed by urgent care). I was sick for about 3 days and finally passed through me. I didn’t have my first appointment yet but everything seems fine at the moment!