April 2023 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 12/5

Re: Randoms w/o 12/5

• Options
    @iiirene definitely keep the whole thing to yourself! That sounds amazing. Also your neighbors are the best.

My son finally fell asleep. At almost 10:30pm. This isn’t unusual. With a husband who works night and my job starting at 7am, I get literally zero time to myself during the week. A year ago he fell asleep at 7:30pm every night, but we’ve struggled since around his third birthday (so almost a year). It’s amazing how just a couple hours to yourself in the evening does wonders for your mental health, and I haven’t had that for a long time. It sucks! Okay, pity party rant over.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @etnyah oh noooo! That’s the worst, so sorry you’re dealing with that! I’m with you, as much as a love my child, I really value that time to unwind after he goes to bed, so I understand your frustration! 
  • Options
    Ohh @etnyah I live for my sanity hours post 730pm when the girls are in bed. I dread later bedtimes for this reason! Hope he's able to get on a better schedule for you soon! Is he still napping? We eliminated the nap & my 3 year old is begging for bed by 7pm!
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ he stopped napping a year ago! He also needs a parent in his bed all night, and he needs me while falling asleep (I literally sit there and sing the same six lullabies on repeat until he’s sleeping) and then I sneak out until my bedtime. 

Sleep issues are common with his condition, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s naturally a night owl since both his dad and I are too, so I don’t think it’ll change anytime soon. At least he sleeps through the night! There was a time when he’d wake up multiple times every night and it nearly destroyed us. That’ll be his sister’s job in a few months, ha.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @etnyah ugh I'm sorry you don't get your sanity time :( I definitely need that time, even if it's just an hour.
  • Options
    @etnyah 0 judgement here. My eldest was in our bed until our 2nd was about to be born & we had to bribe her to stay in her own room. At 6 years old we still lay with her to fall asleep every night & sing the same songs over & over!! I get it! we all do what we have to do to survive!
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @MsBeachNJ one day our kids will fall asleep independently! Hopefully before they’re 20 :D

Weirdly enough, he doesn’t want to sleep in our bed, he prefers to sleep in his own room. We bought him a full sized bed so H and I can take turns on sleeping with him. If he doesn’t sleep independently by the time baby is born, the plan is for H to sleep in his room full time while I stay in our room with baby. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    All Baby Shark wants to eat is mint ice cream (I'm normally chocolate peanut butter or bust). So if you haven't tried the Ben & Jerry's Minter Wonderland, run don't walk to get it. Or send it to me ;) 
  • Options
    @nonlinear_function opposite here: I usually love mint chip ice cream, but this baby is all about chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter swirl. With my other 2 I craved root beer floats day in and day out, with this one I can take it or leave it.
  • Options
    My son is currently going through a sleep regression. After 8-10ish months of being able to just plop him in his crib for naps and bed, I feel like I have a newborn again bc it is taking lots of effort to get him down. Actually had to bust out the yoga ball tonight to get him to sleep!

Advice for FTM: if you don't have a yoga ball, get one. DH and I have both logged many hours bouncing on that thing during the first 6 months getting baby to sleep (he wasn't crazy about rocking in the chair, but bouncing on a yoga ball would knock him out)
  • Options
    @nsk489 ugh sorry about the sleep regression :(  My daughter is having a rough time both falling asleep and staying asleep lately.  It sucks.
  • Options
    @nsk489 sleep issues are the worst! I hope you make it to the other side of it soon. And yes to the yoga ball. 

I don’t eat ice cream often, but I just had some and baby girl is having a dance party in there. Don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing. I think I just gave her the fetus equivalent of a cold shower :D
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I almost ruined Santa for several 4 year olds today while chatting with some coworkers. Luckily I caught myself before the words “Santa isn’t real” actually came out of my mouth but it was a really close call. 
  • Options
    @iiirene whoops! Good thing you were able to catch yourself! How did you son do at breakfast with Santa?
  • Options
    He was 100% more excited about the breakfast portion of the event haha but he did accept a candy cane from Santa so I would call it a success