Infertility
Options

TURED, trans urethral resection of ejaculatory duct -- ANYONE?

edited December 2015 in Infertility
So, my husband and I have been seriously TTC for about a year and a half, using OP strips every month for that long, we have never done anything to prevent a pregnancy in the last 5 years of us being together and have had nothing happen.  I have an 8 year old son from a previous marriage, so I knew the problem was with my hubby.  

He has had semen analysis testing done over the past year, every test shows that my husband's volume is extremely low, with only a little sperm, every test.  All of his semen analysis tests have come back with the same result of "<1"...like, how is that even possible?  Anyway, our urologist prescribed my husband Clomid after the third SA, which was 4 months ago,  to improve testosterone levels, which, God willing, will raise the sperm levels, as well.

Urologist finally did a trans rectal ultrasound in September which showed a blockage in his ejaculatory duct -- eureka!  He's has a cyst blocking all his swimmers from coming out...says this is most likely genetic since husband has always had low volume since puberty.  Such a relief.

I know we are extremely fortunate that there is the TURED surgery to remove the blockage, and I am thankful for that.  I have read that pregnancy rates after the surgery for men with the blockage go up 30%, which is basically the same average that couples without obstacles have ...which is GREAT news.
Would like to hear from any women that have had husband go through this or are going through it now -- just praying for a little miracle next year. 
Husband's surgery is scheduled for Jan. 11th, so my fingers, legs, toes and arms will all be crossed that this surgery is all we need to have in order to get pregnant, FINALLY. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: TURED, trans urethral resection of ejaculatory duct -- ANYONE?

• Options
    amos1417amos1417 member
    edited December 2015
    Good luck with the surgery! I don't have any experience with this, but I pray that it is your solution!
  • Options
    Yes, I'm beginning to see how rare this surgery really is.  

Thanks so much for your kind words.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards! I had IVF done a couple of months ago due to a different male plumbing issue. If it's just a blockage and sperm quality is just fine, then you should be good to conceive naturally once that's out of the way. Hopefully you won't have to resort to it, but if you do have to do IVF, you should be able to get great fertilization rates with ICSI. My husbands urologist said that sperm from plumbing issues has better outcomes than other male infertility issues. Even with just a handful of not very motile sperm to choose from, 7/8 of my eggs retrieved were fertilized.
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• Options
    First of all, congratulations on your BFP! =) And thank you for the welcome.  
    I'm optimistic about natural conception right now, I guess trying for so long with no luck makes me slightly skeptical on the outcome after surgery...lol
    I was just hoping that there were more couples that have gone through this that could kind of let me know what to expect next.  
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and good luck with your pregnancy!

• Options
    Hi! I know this is an old post, but we are in the same situation right now. Need to confirm with ultrasound. I’m having a hard time finding anyone who has gone through this surgery. How did it go? Please reach out to me if you can I would love to hear your story. Tziggy592@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Tiffany
  • Options
    These procedures are rare indeed. Had it done o. Me 2 days ago. Please let me know if u were successful or if the parameters changed in any way