August 2023 Moms

Wellness Wednesday 12/14

Drop what you are doing to stay healthy this week!

PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: Wellness Wednesday 12/14

• I’m drinking water like it’s going out of style. Which then makes me pee a lot and that’s not cool because I work in a preschool and can’t always leave the classroom whenever I want. We have to stay in ratio, so that’s sometimes frustrating. Specifically, I work with infants, so my day is up and down from the floor and lifting babies if that counts as exercise! Everyone thought I would have my first child early because of that- I worked until I was almost 39 weeks, but no, he still waited for 41 and something to be born. 
  • @tumbleweed-1 that's impressive. I totally believe working out helps you carry to term easier. I'm also trying to drink a ton of water. But my adhd doesn't help with that. LOL. I tend to forget to drink for hours at a time.

I am sticking to my workout routine, upper body monday's, squats tuesdays, I'll probably go on a walk today because Thursday and Friday are going to rain. I strap up my LO on my back so it's a weighted walk. Then Yoga thursday or friday. Whenever I'm not too tired to do so. 

Also trying to eat more veggies again. I need to cut down our microgreens and put them in my lunches and dinners.
  • Loading the player...
  • @stashattack your workout schedule is impressive! My job is active, but otherwise I’ve never had the dedication to make the free time for starting an exercise routine. And my understanding is you can continue with whatever activity you’ve been doing before pregnancy but not start something new?

Which makes me wonder about something. My DS is getting good on his balance bike to the point that I sometimes have to jog to keep up (I don’t have a bicycle currently). That’s not something we do regularly though. It was 2-3 times a week before the time change/winter, but since then we’ve only gone out 2-3 times in the past month. Is that something I should make my SO responsibility now? 

We got DS a pedal bike for Christmas, and he’s going to want to bike to school when the weather is better, which is a walk him and I do together because his school is my workplace too. But I can’t imagine jogging super pregnant in the spring since I’m not maintaining that right now. And getting a bike when I haven’t rode one in years sounds even more dangerous. Anyone have a situation like that too or insight? 
  • I started working out with several apps on my phone a few months ago. I do 2 7-10 minute workouts a night. Now I downloaded one specifically for pregnancy. The workouts are simple and specifically made for each week. 
  • I’m getting plenty of sleep and taking my vitamins😉
  • Going to the dentist today (ugh!). Also doing at least 30 mins of exercise a day - mixture of cardio, yoga and strength training. 
  • I have a 3-year-old I have to follow around and I usually eat her leftover green beans. That counts as daily exercise and a balanced diet, right?
  • This week I am making way more of an effort to drink more water! I am still going to my work out classes at the Y 3x a week, Body Pump, and walking our dogs for 30 minutes the other days. My choline vitamins came in today, exciting!
  • I’m trying to get 10,000 steps a day on my Fitbit and eat balanced meals and snacks - which is hard this time of year. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• @ceclarlinetlo 10k steps is awesome! I strive for 7.5k. Unless I go on daily walks it's hard doing much more than that working from home!

@carolmac29 That's an impressive workout schedule!! 

@ki1244 toddlers can hustle!!

@lilbabeincubator IIIII can't remember the last time I went to the dentist. UGH. I really should go. I just hate the judgement.

@tumbleweed-1 I think the recommendation is pointing to knowing your current limits. So I'd say that light jogging should still be fine. It's more of, if you haven't run a marathon ever before, maybe pregnancy isn't the time to pick up that level of intensity. LOL. 

I didn't get out for a walk yesterday. Maybe saturday I can, cuz it's bad weather for the next two days. Boo.
  • Once I get over being sick I plan to start walking on my treadmill every other day and doing some gentle weight training and stretching. Nothing intense at all. Lots of water.