3rd Trimester
Options

Emotional after birth

How do you deal with being upset after birth of baby? Talked to all the doctors...did all the tests and not post partum depression.just upset.

Baby is a month old. Good baby but I feel like no one understands me. SO works in shifts so I cover am hours with baby and he covers pm. On the days he's home completely and not at work we stick with the schedule but he treats me as I'm invisible all day. I will see him at hopefully lunch and dinner time and that's it. We never talk never interact during the day, even when I try. He stays to himself upstairs or somewhere away from me and baby. Even in bed, hes reading the news or texting or doing something that doesn't involve us. Clearly we can't do anything together but I can't even get him to lay next to me and pay any attention to me. This am he didn't even say goodbye to either of us and I cried all morning. I feel so upset all the time because he never wants to be near me... the doctor told me it's normal but I don't know if I should go to another doctor for another opinion or what to do.

Re: Emotional after birth

• Options
    Unfortunately it is normal to be emotional after birth, your body is still trying to get back to "normal". I do think your SO could be a bit more supportive, but it is an adjustment period for them too.. maybe try talking to him and explain how you're feeling. Hopefully a chat will help you both get what you need to feel ok while raising baby together. Try to have the talk while you're less upset, that way you're more likely to be able to have a talk without it being an argument. And most of all- be kind to yourself. You have worked hard growing your child and you need to be granted a little grace while you're learning to be comfortable in your new body ❤️
  • Options
    Should be a team effort even though he is helping with baby he should also be making sure you are recovering well mentally and physically, you should have a serious conversation with him