1st Trimester
Options

Cleaned Cat Litter

s_bartoss_bartos member
edited December 2022 in 1st Trimester
I just found out after I already cleaned cat litter that I shouldn’t be cleaning cat litter while pregnant? Is it going to hurt the baby now? Plus no one in our house won’t clean so I am the only one that will have to clean cat litter. Any suggestions what I could do? Could I use mask and gloves while cleaning cat litter?

Re: Cleaned Cat Litter

• Options
    Toxoplasmosis is a real concern. If your cat is an indoor cat only, the likelihood of getting this is low. If you are the only one who can clean the litter boxes, I’d suggest wearing gloves and immediately washing your hands afterward.
  • Options
    Thank you for responding to my post. Yes both of my cats are indoor cat only. I will start wearing gloves then. Thank you again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was scared of toxoplasmosis at first but when I did research found out that most people have already been exposed at some point in their life if they’ve been around cats. The main issue is a new infection during pregnancy. So just don’t let your cats outside and don’t get any more. you should be fine. Just wash hands immediately after touching anything to do with the litter or your cats. Which is good hygiene anyway :)