Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

newbie intros w/o 12/5/22

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. 

Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: newbie intros w/o 12/5/22

• Options
    Ages (you and SO): 36 (me) and 28 (hubs)

How many months have you been TTC?: this is month zero. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: not much right now. It’s been NFP since I had my daughter 15 months ago and apparently been going well enough that I haven’t gotten pregnant. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)
    I have two darling daughters, ages 9 and 15 months. My husband and I are both ER nurses, which is where we met. We’ve been married for just over 2 years. I was active on this board summer/fall of 2020 and TB dating back to 2013. Excited to see lots of new names on here during my lurking phase! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @emmylou78, I hope your stay here is short and sweet! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome @emmylou78

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    Hi @emmylou78! I’m a new member here but wanted to say fx for you and welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome @emmylou78!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Welcome @emmylou78 I'm an ER social worker! I'm sure we could tell stories all day! 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    I’m sure! It’s wild out there right now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I’m 22. (SMBC)

I have been TTC 4 years.

I have tried at home insemination but will be going in for a fertility consult to see if IUI or IVF would work for me in the beginning of next year.

I currently have 1 cat, no kids (yet), word searches, walking, reading. I currently work as a customer service rep in a hospital, drive for work and work as an event staff member. Also, currently studying to get my real estate license.
  • Options
    Welcome @ttc_km
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    edited December 2022
    hey @ttc_km, from one SMBC to another, welcome! i hope your stay here is short but sweet. Feel free to reach out at any point for thoughts on navigating assisted reproduction on your own. we've got lots of smart women over in the IF thread and collectively we have lots of experience of IUIs, IVF, home inseminations, etc. It sounds like you've been struggling with the home insemination route. Do you feel like you have a regular/easy to predict cycle? At four years, I'm gonna say you should find a doctor willing to run bloodwork and do some structural tests to figure out why things haven't been aligning for you.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    Welcome @ttc_km

Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    Hi @ttc_km, welcome! I hope your stay is short! 
  • Options
    Nice to have nice to have you @ttc_km! I hope you’re not here long!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Danielle, I’m 30 and my husband is 37. We have been ttc for about 20 months, amount of effort has varied. I started by tracking ovulation just with Ovia chart. In the last couple months I’ve tried mucinex, preseed, soft cups. I use opk strips. The more I do the more disappointed I am with the result and am finally wanting to seek out support rather than just reading forums on the sidelines. My husband and I just got married a couple months ago, we have an almost one year old puppy, I have a six year old stepson who I love and we are ready to build a family. I have an annual exam in February and will talk to my OBGYN about testing if I’m still not pregnant by then, thanks for reading :)
  • Options
    Welcome Danielle! Please change your username from the generic knottie[string of numbers] to something else so we can tag you! I can't remember how i actually went about doing it but maybe someone else will have a link with instructions
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • Options
    Welcome Danielle! Here are the instructions to change your name. 

• How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update. You may need to log out and log back in for your new username to appear.
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @ammcc12 thanks for this. but also, i see these instructions occasionally offered in various places on this and other forums at TB, and am always confused. i know that there is (or maybe was?) such a thing as theknot, but if you google it now all that you get is wedding planning pages?
    is it possible that the following would work: go to thebump.com, sign in to your account, then click on your profile image in the upper right hand corner of the main page. a popdown menu will show with your name (or whatever name you gave) at the top. click on it and it will take you to your account settings, where the first thing to show us should be an "about me" section with a field where you can enter a community username. do that, then hit the "update" button? most people say it's important at this point to log out and then log back in.
    History
  • Options
    @optimistgardener yes, I believe it would work the same way going to thebump.com
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    Welcome @ok_flower4923! Sorry to hear about the cold!
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    I’m testing this out because I changed my username, posted minutes after and I’m wondering if it just hadn’t updated yet so my apologies if it is still a bunch of numbers!
  • Options
    Hi! My husband and I are both 28 and just started TTC last month. Lots to learn- let me know if there are any podcasts you recommend!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @knottie7721f184f119d696 looks like you're still a bunch of numbers. hopefully things will update soon. meanwhile, feel free to jump into the fray!
    also welcome to @moose2228 and @ok_flower4923

History
  • Options
    Hi all the new friends!!!! 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    July 2022 - FET

• Options
    Welcome @moose2228!
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @mambo5-2 I'm a hospital social worker but keep me out of the ER 😂
  • Options
    Welcome to all the new members! Good luck on your journey! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    Welcome to more newbies! Love it, and hoping for short stays for all!!