Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW w/o 12/5/22

anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
edited December 2022 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW w/o 12/5/22

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Month/Cycle: 24/too many to keep track between losses etc.

CD/DPO: 20/4 or 5 if we go by OPK, FF isn't liking my temps, my AVA bracelet seems to put O at CD 16, which it could be based on peak OPK

Timing: if we use CD 16: -4, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 10-12 days, but also taking vaginal progesterone so this will be "controlled"

Testing: b/c i am unhinged after being benched essentially since march... and apparently a masochist, i will prob start testing fri as long as temps keep rising...

R/R: i actually got some stuff done around the house this week, i'm just feeling overwhelmed and like my work and home life is a bit messy - in the literal sense - i just want to purge my entire house and my inbox. i think i am going to wfh all week and try and get some organizing done on work breaks... we shall see

CS/Q: attaching my chart in spoiler....
    *edited to fix spacing

• Options
    Month/Cycle: Month 12, Cycle 7

CD/DPO: CD 40

Timing: Trying to figure that out.

Typical LP length: Also trying to figure this out.

Testing: Might test tomorrow; period is 3 days late. My husband and I usually like to wait a week before testing to see if I’m just late. I did do an LH test this morning though and it was high at .58, so I’m not really sure what to make of that…

R/R: Just trying to get a handle on everything now that we’re just about at the year mark. 

CS/Q: None this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I did so much organizing this weekend and it felt great. I’m usually so busy on the weekends but it was cold so I wanted to keep it chill at home. I hope you can get stuff done this week! 

@dmcgrew17 have you got any TSH testing done or anything? Did you ovulate as yet? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 6-7DPO

Timing: either 0-2 and O+1 or O-3 and O 

Typical LP length: I honestly don’t even know anymore but usually 12-14? 

Testing: Thursday - I have my gynecologist appt so I’ll test in the morning before it. I am hoping that he can help me stay pregnant when I get pregnant again. He’s really my last hope in this country. 

R/R: I did so much organizing this weekend and wrapped a ton of presents! It felt so nice. I feel mentally ready for my in-laws to visit now haha  

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul What is TSH testing? I’m honestly not sure if I ovulated or not. My OPK results are all over the place and I’m a horrible sleeper, so BBT is inaccurate. 
  • Options
    @dmcgrew17 thyroid. And really, should have TSH, T4 and T3 IMO. Do you have a dx as to why your cycles are so long? I’m sorry I can’t remember if you had shared that before. 

@wanderlustsoul fx crossed for you!

• Options
    @anniemarie887 Nope. TW: So, I got off birth control last October and my cycles were consistently 36 days until I got Covid in May where it was 40 days. In July I got a positive pregnancy test, but it was chemical. After that, I had a 33 day cycle, a 62 day cycle, and now we’re here. One doctor I saw when I had the chemical said it looks like I might have PCOS, the other doctor (my usual) said I don’t really have enough symptoms to have that diagnosis. She also said everything looks good and that I should be able to conceive on my own, but if not by my yearly exam (end of Dec) we’ll look into some tests/options. Basically, she said a year is still normal and since I technically was pregnant, I’m still within normal, but she won’t make me wait a whole extra year.
  • Options
    @dmcgrew17 I would really push for testing. It’s worth a check. Thyroid issues can cause this and also cause pregnancy loss (and/or progesterone issues). It’s just a blood test so nothing too extraordinary. 

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul Testing is definitely something I want to discuss with her when I see her at the end of the month. She also said my cycles may be off for a couple of months, but I want to start looking at things sooner than later.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @dmcgrew17 TW LOSS * i'm sorry for the chemical, i've had 3 losses over 8 mos earlier this year so i know that road. do you remember before you were on BC how long your cycles were? i know for me that was like the stone ages of high school. i am no dr, but having one super long cycle is interesting, but i can see where your dr would be like let's wait and see b/c it wasn't a pattern at that point. that being said, i do not like to wait and see. lol. i just went back and looked, you're 30, so that means they'll want everything to wait longer... but it doesn't mean it has to. i went through RPL testing after 2 losses at 34, i wasn't "geriatic" but pushed for addt'l genetic work ups etc. *end TW*
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I just know they were very irregular and when I would get it, it would be incredibly heavy. I am definitely with you though; I don’t like doing the wait and see thing either, but she said that it’s normal to have a couple of irregular cycles after a loss. I was ready to start asking for tests when I didn’t get pregnant the first month, but my husband talked me down. 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 0 (starting for real next cycle)

CD/DPO: 14/2 (assuming temp is still high tomorrow, but CM also lines up with this)

Timing: -4

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: won't be testing this cycle

R/R: It's a good thing this was just our "get back into the hang of things" month because I had a cold all last week and I O'ed early, so our timing was pretty bad. And since I O'ed early, idk if next cycle will work out either since it might not be far enough out from when H started sleep apnea treatment. So hopefully I O late next cycle to balance things out.

CS/Q: 
  • Options
    It’s so nice to see so many people here in the TWW right now!! Here’s hoping that December is an incredible month for you all ❤️

Month/Cycle: 17 months since we started trying, and 3rd month back TTC again *TW* after our second miscarriage  

CD/DPO: CD14, 1DPO

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Typical LP length: usually 11-12, but it’s not super consistent

Testing: I’d really like to wait until 12 DPO which would be a week from Saturday, but I know I’ll probably cave before then. I’m always fine for the first week and then the second week of the TWW I have no chill. Zero. 

R/R: We have been having a LOT of fun trying these last months! Also, my husband asked me if I was ovulating yesterday 😂. I never discuss these things with him, and it’s the first time I have ever heard him say this word out loud. It’s really sweet that he wants to be more involved, but it catches me off guard because I am usually on my own with these things. It’s kind of nice to be doing it more together. 

CS/Q: Nah, my charts are very boring because I only chart OPK and CM. 
  • Options
    acarverrnacarverrn member
    edited December 2022
    *lurking here as I'm still WTO* Does someone mind to explain to me what is meant by timing?

ETA: nvm!! Just remembered I saw this info in the newbie board
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I caved and tested and it’s obviously a BFN (I’m 8dpo) but man was I still disappointed. 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul arg sorry for the bfn. I know that disappointment all too well. 
    @maggiemadeit aw how sweet your hubs was asking about ovulation. Hopefully all your fun attempts are the winning ticket!
    @anniemarie887 keeping everything crossed for you friend! I hear you on wanting to purge the whole house. Feels impossible to keep clean for longer than half a day.
    @dmcgrew17 good luck! And definitely agree with more testing.

Month/Cycle: 22/11 after loss 

CD/DPO: 19/1 

Timing: morning of O

Typical LP length: at least 12 with progesterone 

Testing: ehh, probably on 11/12 DPO.

R/R: just happy that my body ovulated is all. But not getting my hopes up. 

CS/Q: anyone else’s nipple get sore during ovulation? And then remain sensitive for the whole LP? Lol that’s been happening recently and really throwing my SS off.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    *lurking so i can talk nips* @bearmomma1 one of my main personal indicators of FP vs LP is that pre-O, my nipples appreciate rough handling. After O, it's a hands-off/delicate treatment situation. I can pretty much gauge where i am in my cycle purely on nipple sensitivity alone!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener that’s so interesting. I’ve never noticed it before. But the last couple of cycles I’m like yes my nips are sore, it’s a good sign! But it hasn’t been 🤷🏼‍♀️
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul I’m sorry for the negative test. I think we can all relate to the disappointment. It’s still early though, don’t count yourself out just yet. 

@bearmomma1 Woohoo for ovulating! Go ovaries! 
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul  Yay! So glad you found a good doctor!
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul That’s awesome!!! Glad you have a plan and a great doctor. Wishing you the best!!
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul that sounds like a great plan, i'm so glad you found a good dr, it makes a world of a difference IMO!

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Pretty sure I am out. 10DPO and had some spotting this morning so think AF is on the way. So early! Usually my LP is 12-14 days. Super, super disappointed. 😭💔

edit: yep. It’s more than spotting now. I am crushed. I cried about it. 

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul I’m sorry this cycle wasn’t it, but so glad to hear that you have found a supportive provider. 
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul i'm sorry, i do know how disappointing that is.

afm, tested this morning... BFN... i shall revisit sunday when i'm 10DPO. i'm in that space where everything could be symptom spotting or AF coming... and the progesterone suppositories add a new layer... so just wah wah wah
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul boooo I’m sorry 
    @anniemarie887 arggg sorry friend :( 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul @anniemarie887

So sorry for you both! I also tested this morning and got a BFN. I didn’t really think it would be positive, but it’s Day 44 with nothing and I have similar symptoms to when I had my chemical. Feeling really let down - officially hit the year mark this month. 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 @dmcgrew17 Sorry for the BFNs. It’s always so disappointing. I hope you can find some good distraction this weekend. 
  • Options
    @dmcgrew17 have you been doing OPK’s also in case the theory about you maybe not ovulating until around this time, since your last cycle was around 60 days?
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN