Babies: 6 - 9 Months

No sleep after 5:30AM

Our son (7M) will not sleep past 5:30am. I’ve tried adjusting his bedtime, anywhere from 6:30 to 8, but he always wakes up by 5:30. We’re at the point now where we just leave him to fuss until 6am because we don’t want to start our day before 6. He’s a terrible sleeper anyway and only gets 9-10 hours a night max no matter what we do, and about 3-3.5 hours of napping in each day. But every morning, he wakes up upset at 5:30. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: No sleep after 5:30AM

• During pregnancy, I also often lost sleep. To be honest, I don't know what to advise you. I drank chamomile tea before going to bed. I also tried to get up early so that I would want to sleep in the evening and not wake up in the middle of the night
  • I would recommend taking Cara babies in sleep training. Try sticking with the desired time no matter what, even if they are fussy. But don't pick them up until after they calm down even if it is not right at 6. Sometimes my little girl wakes up around 4 (usually does) and I just let her babble and put herself back to sleep. I don't get her up until 6, sometimes she falls back asleep and sleeps past 6.  I swear by sleep training. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is 7m and most nights she can sleep til 7 or 8a. Just suggestion- watch the duration of day time naps- not to exceed 2 hrs. Is baby active during the day? Increase activity if not. Are you opposed to pushing bedtime to 8 solid? My daughter takes her bath around 745/8 and down after that. I give her a massage,  warm bottle, dim the lights & turn on a lullaby.  Not even 10 minutes she's out. The house is usually pretty quiet so those are my suggestions for you. And ensure baby in their own bed helps. Good luck