TTC After a Loss
Options

TWW symptoms after a chemical pregnancy

Hello! So I suffered a chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks last cycle. I had quite a few symptoms in the chemical pregnancy TWW. I am currently in my TWW following the miscarriage (10dpo) and have no symptoms (other than on and off twining on my left ovary at 6dpo for about a day).

Anyone ever got a BFP right after a miscarriage and have had different or no symptoms?

Re: TWW symptoms after a chemical pregnancy

• Options
    @panda993322 The only norm after a MC is that there is no norm.  Depending on your body and your specific circumstances, you could get your cycles back on time and exactly as they were.  You could have absolutely no symptoms you had before. You could have brand new symptoms you've never had before.  It can take 6+ months for your cycles to even out to a new norm as well.  So what you have this cycle may not be what you have in several cycles.

Also, depending on the HCG in your system, it can take weeks or months for you to get your first AF after a MC. Unless you tracked your HCG down to 0 and/or did BBT, there's no way to know if/when you O'd and/or if the HCG in your system is leftover from your MC PG or is from the start of a new PG.  That's why the majority of medical practitioners track HCG down to 0 and advise couples to wait until after the first AF following MC to TTC again. 
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    Thank you @stormageddon-darklordofall ! So I actually had my HCG down to zero and tracked my ovulation on pre mom so I had numbers and also had symptoms day of ovulation (EWCM + one sided ovulation pain). So luckily, I did ovulate a few weeks after my chemical! Now I wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @panda993322 Cool!  So yeah, now you just wait.  I had Ovulation pain for the first time ever the first cycle after my first MC!  It was super weird.  But definitely odd how many changes there can be (or not be), and it just takes it all a while to simmer down to a new norm sometimes.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    Totally, I have this feeling I am out because of the lack of symptoms this time (and I was feeling so many last time for my chemical!) but every time is so different.
  • Options
    Update: got a BFP! I'm so nervous because of my previous chemical
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Yeah that’s how I’m feeling now. I had a chemical pregnancy last month with so many symptoms; nausea and vomiting, extreme fatigue, extremely sore nipples and on every test I took I immediately got faint positives starting at 9 dpo. I’m really nervous this time around because I started to test early and I saw very faint lines after tweaking my test and then boom at 12 dpo I got 9 bpf’s and it wasn’t with FMU it was actually late in the evening. Literally the next day and after even now I’m at 15 dpo I’ve literally had nothing but bfn’s, there was no line progression from the dark positive to faint or anything just literally positive to negative. My temps dropped in increments but then went back up after the bfp’s. But today it dropped after going back up from 98.3 and I would say just above or below the cover line to 97.5, considering fertility friend only indicated ovulation from my positive opk but no cover line. I do have some symptoms but not a lot. I have mild fatigue, heartburn, gas, certain foods taste really salty to me, I got nauseous at the sight and taste of orange juice yesterday, sore nipples every other day, some days my boobs feel extremely heavy and other days they don’t. I have mild cramping unlike last time which was really bad cramping. Some light to mild back pain and for the past 3-5 days I’ve been feeling a fullness in my lower abdomen kind of similar to when I experienced my CP. I go for an appointment tomorrow 11/15 don’t know what to expect. I do have to add though I started using a natural progesterone cream a day after I ovulated. Im really nervous because I don’t want to go through another CP. Today I would officially be two days late and 4 weeks + 1 day and by the time my appointment tomorrow I’ll be 3 days late putting me at 4 weeks + 2 days. I can say last night it was cold and I also took melatonin because I’ve been having a hard time falling asleep and I read that melatonin does drop your body temp so that you’re able to actually fall asleep.