February 2023 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating- October

What’s on everybody’s plate now?

Re: What my pregnant self is eating- October

• Eating lots of cottage cheese and pineapple, smoothies .. and any kind of potatoes 😂
  • We have a really great soup shop near us, so I’m trying to work in their soups for dinner for nutritional punch. They make great bone broth, too!
  • Loading the player...
  • seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited October 2022
    @cpk3535 I love soup! I've been making soups almost every night because it's one of the few things I can make that I can actually eat and I found a great whole 30 book with tons of instapot and slow cooker soups. The only problem is that some of the kids are haters. But more leftovers for me and it always seems to be better the next day. Tomorrow it'll start consistently feeling like soup weather here. It will go from about 70 to 50 and stay cooler. And then it'll soon be freezing. 🥶
  • My new go-to is Fig Newtons. I had forgotten that they existed but recently stumbled upon them again and can't get enough lol. So random.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• I’ve been enjoying canned pineapple and cottage cheese or yogurt. So refreshing and good 😊❤️
  • I've been enjoying alot of cereal this time around,  which makes me happy that I can enjoy milk again! 
  • Can’t seem to get enough of all the fresh, crunchy things. Apples and side salads with every meal
  • @kristinl492 I’ve been chomping the apples, too! I’m hoping to make it by an apple farm soon and get some super fresh ones!
  • @kristin492 @cpk3535  Apples with peanut butter or almond butter has been a regular go to snack for me too! But my biggest craving in the past week are eggs. I ate half a dozen within 48 hours this last weekend! 😳
  • @ttc3y I love eggs, too! During pregnancy they’re so good and quick to make! My toddler has also been fascinated with making them, so that works out well on my behalf 😂
  • I found my new goto caffeinated morning drink that I'm not allergic to or grossed out by. Earl gray tea blended with oat milk, a tiny bit of maple syrup and vanilla extract. I've also been obsessed with these premade all natural avacado cups my friend brought over, these new things at Aldi called "keto clusters", Lily's dark chocolate sea salt bars (no sugar), prepackaged waffles with no wheat, egg, or dairy (also from my friend) cream of rice my hubby ground up for me himself,  and Aldi's gluten free seasoned pretzels with organic hummus.
  • @seeds_of_joy That sounds delicious and amazing!!! I’m so happy that you have found a beverage and foods to eat that supports your health and baby too! I love Earl grey tea! Unfortunately, I don’t tolerate caffeine very much but found a rooisbos based one that taste just as good many years ago. 

Also, for anyone out there who is dealing with gestational diabetes, I found an amazing keto chocolate mousse recipe that you can put together in 5 minutes and it won’t spike your blood glucose. I top the mousse with raspberries and walnuts and I’m in heaven and not feeling deprived from sugar at all. The key ingredient is liquid stevia!

• @ttc3y that recipe sounds soooo good!!! I wonder if it'll work with coconut "whipped cream"!!
  • @seeds_of_joy I haven’t tried but you could try. I think it could work.  I have also made chocolate mousse out of Aquafaba as well as avocado in efforts to avoid dairy. Those options also came out pretty good as well. 
  • I don't even know what aquafaba is! I'll have to look into this.
  • @seeds_of_joy Aquafaba is the liquid you find in a can of beans like garbanzo. It’s a good egg replacement. I’ve had hit and misses with it. It does make a good mousse like texture but you need to mix it longer than eggs would. And I have also used it to make a gluten free, dairy free, and egg free crepe cake. I used the left over black bean juice instead of garbanzo bean juice and it was a cool purple color. 

When I started learning how to manage through my food sensitivities, I was determined to not deprive myself from eating delicious food (I live to eat). It takes a little bit of effort but it is possible to enjoy food when living with food restrictions. 
  • @ttc3y me too. Eating needs to be enjoyable! I think I have seen that ingredient in an egg replace8i came across. 
  • I’ve been loving chai lattes, scrambled eggs with sausage and veggies, & I go through smoothie/açaí bowl phases too. 
  • @itsjess627 I loooooooove chai lattes 😋
  • What am not eating?! I'm a little worried about GD now... Everything sounds good, I clear my plate, I want all the desserts and all of the food 🤦🤦🤦
  • My appetite has been a little picky because I feel like anything and everything gives me heartburn at this point so tums has been a staple lol. 
    But I've been making lots of homemade soups, anything with potatoes, love me some orange juice everyday, and I also can't get enough of fresh crunchy things! Like crisp Caesar salad, carrots and celery, apples, pickles, and pineapple. 
    But I cannot stand eggs lately, in any form. 
    I don't have a sweet tooth, but once in a while I get a hankering for some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and milk !! 
  • Mmmm. Cookies & milk or ice cream or dark chocolate have been at the top of my list. I was high normal on my GD test so I’ve got to not eat it all the time, but I allow myself once a week to have cookies or ice cream. Today I had both 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I splurged and ate 8 shrimp dumplings last night as a midnight snack and knew my blood glucose would go high. I’ve been pretty good about my diet for the last few weeks now and I totally saw my blood sugar spike higher than it should. But the craving was bad and I gave in. In the overall scheme of things, if my blood sugar is good 80-90% of the time, that’s good enough for me. I don’t think it will affect the pregnancy drastically.