Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Plane/travel with Newborn

burningbagelburningbagel member
edited October 2022 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Hi everyone! My family is making a big move soon that will require a lot of time in trasit including multiple plane rides. Does anyone have advice about what and how much to pack for baby? Any experiences you'd be willing to share to make things easier? 

Any stories or advice are welcome! I do breastfeed and plan to rely on that during travel, but has that ever not worked out for anyone? 

The baby and I will be traveling alone together, so I won't have any "backup". If that makes a difference to advice. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Re: Plane/travel with Newborn

• If you can afford to get babe a seat, fly him or her in the carseat you use most. Otherwise, ask the airline(s) about a basinette!
  • My Husband & I traveled with our two day old newborn. From Minnesota to NYC. In our baby bag we had change of clothes wipes diapers and multiple baby bottles. Airport bathrooms have changing tables. We used our diaper pad on top of the changing table. Airport security were patient with us. Prior to takeoff and upon landing we fed our baby to alleviate the potential air pressure on the ears. We also had the entire row to us.
  • Loading the player...
  • A few months ago I needed to travel by plane with my three-month-old kid alone. I was worried about everything as it was my first flight too. So I contacted customer service of my airlines for the information and they provided it. They also helped me with everything all the time on board. If you have any doubts, just contact them for details and don't worry.
  • annettyyannettyy member
    edited November 2022
    I also had the experience of traveling with my baby. I was really afraid of how it'll go. It wasn't that easy, but the crew helped with everything on the plane. But I will also suggest contacting their customer service in advance, it will save you a lot of nerves.