2nd Trimester
Options

Braxton Hicks - Due to exercise

Hi ladies! I’ve been doing spin and continued to workout throughout my pregnancy. I’m 22 weeks and started to have Braxton hicks one or twice a week. Today however during spin they came on strong and I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Anything outside of hydration that you did to help?

Re: Braxton Hicks - Due to exercise

• Options
    Resting and laying on your left side are supposed to help. If they get excessive and uncomfortable you may need to reduce the intensity of your workouts. Talk to your doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I’ve started having sporadic Braxton Hicks contractions and I’m only 18 weeks. I’ve messaged my doctor, but she didn’t seem too concerned. She said to stay hydrated and to continue monitoring them. I know that it’s a fairly common to experience during pregnancy, but they stress me out so bad. 

Has anyone else experienced BH early on in pregnancy? As a FTM, I just don’t know what is normal and what to expect. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a few at 16 weeks when I went into the fairly cold swimming pool.
  • Options
    I'm 24 weeks now with my 3rd kiddo and have gotten Braxton-Hicks contractions every day, often multiple times per day, for the last month or so. Often when exercising, getting up from bed, or sometimes for no apparent reason. It was the same with my second child, and he was born at term. It's good to stay hydrated, and you may need to slow down your exercise a bit to allow your stomach the space to contract until it passes. If painful, breathing through it like a labor contraction can help too. I like to think of it as my uterus training itself for labor just as you are keeping your body fit in spin. :)