June 2023 Moms

What can I do? All day nausea...

I have never had such terrible nausea. This is my fifth pregnancy. I don't know if it's because I haven't been pregnant in 3 years or if it's because I'm older now (33), but I can't seem to find anything that helps for an extended period of time. I have tried eating light meals throughout the day, eating Bland foods, having Ginger ale, etc. Nothing seems to help. The only time I feel okay is while I'm actively eating. As soon as I'm done, whether I've eaten a small tiny amount or a decent size portion I feel so nauseous afterwards. Like I could eat a handful of almonds and feel just as miserable as if I'd just eaten a whole bowl of pasta. I don't know what to do! My symptoms are just nausea without vomiting. Any advice?

Answers

• Have you tried ginger candies or those pregnancy "pops"? I think you can buy both on Amazon. Have you also tried keeping some saltines or bland crackers next to your bed side to start your day with those? 
  • Unisom and vitamin b6 helped me so much. It just takes a while to build up in your system. Ask your ob about it! There’s specific dosage. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Girl me too! I've tried literally everything,  even borrowed a 300$ reliefband and that did nothing. I've had bad nausea for around 3 weeks =(. Worse when my anxiety goes up. Gingerale,  ginger drops, preggie pops, and the go to things only work for maybe 10 minutes. Water seems to make me feel worse for some reason at times too.
  • Hi! I’m late to the game so I hope you’re feeling a bit better. Something that I am loving right now are Sea-Bands. They’re little wrist cuffs for about $10 on Amazon. I got them for sea sickness years ago and figured I’d give ‘‘em a shot. Idk what voodoo acupressure is in these but they have been a game changer for me. I still feel somewhat nauseous but I’ve stopped vomiting so it’s a win.
  • kkbabyfor3kkbabyfor3 Just Joined
    https://amzn.to/3DwgJ81

The only thing that works for my nausea this is baby number four and I absolutely swear by them
  • Is it common to have nausea without vomiting? I’m currently 7w1d. I feel like I need to puke but I can’t.
    What week did that start for everyone?

Ginger chews and tabs seem to be helping in the moment for the nausea but they wear off quickly and I feel sick again… getting worse each day. 😞
  • @mindfulmomma2022
    That's how my nausea was with my son last time, just debilitating all day and night nausea that I couldn't vomit away. It sucked. Are you able to handle a protein shake or frozen berries? Those two things sometimes helped me. I hope it passes quickly, I have morning sickness until 23 weeks. 
  • @mindfulmomma2022 for sure, I had a stretch like that with DS2. (@kalesix3 the worst when you cant vomit it away. Huge proponent for just getting it out when i have a stomach bug) I'm not sure if this is something you have tried, but it seemed mine was at least partially related to acid reflux? It didn't feel like normal heartburn per se, but otc prilosec or tums helped.
  • edited October 2022
    @kalesix3 A protein shake sounds great! Haven’t even thought of that but I’ll try that today. @thescarletmom I have tried tums and they also help in the moment. 😊 Thank you both for the suggestions. This first time around stuff is hard. Yesterday I told my mom that all I wanted were berries and she said “don’t eat strawberries. It will give your baby a birthmark.”
    So that sage wisdom was definitely not helpful. 😂
  • @mindfulmomma2022 people have the weirdest old wives tales about strawberries lol 
    My grandma and my mom always told me that ALL babies were allergic to strawberries before their second summer, and I totally thought it was true until one day my son scarfed a strawberry off my plate and had zero reaction in any way, so I asked the pediatrician and she laughed at me lol. 
    I can't always stomach protein powder but when I'm able to I feel better about getting some nutrition in me, I hope it helps! 

@thescarletmom I never tried tums because I don't get heartburn or acid reflux but now that you mention it I definitely think it sounds like it would work! 
  • Sucking on peppermints helps me. And also hot, buttered toast. It’s all I can stomach most of the time. That and protein shakes, but I try to limit myself to just one, first thing in the morning.
    Also, if grazing helps, I’d say do it! It’s better for your metabolism anyway. Eat little bits of things at a time.
  • I haven’t needed it yet but you can have your OB call in Zofran. It’s a LIFE changer. The only downside is that it can cause constipation. But if you are truly miserable it’s worth a shot.