1st Trimester

Pregnancy after miscarriage

Hey ladies, a quick question. I miscarried at 6 weeks levels of hcg were very low & doctors rang me to say they had halved after I had the scan two days later. (130)

Nearly 4 weeks later and I’ve a positive digital that says 1-2 weeks I’ve also had a regular test and a faint second line is coming up. I originally had negative tests inbetween. Im scared the doctors will give out as I’ve not waited until my period that would’ve come after I miscarried :/ also I am not sure how they will date me?

Re: Pregnancy after miscarriage

• I was in this situation at the beginning of the year. In my experience, midwives were totally understanding - and even happy - for me. I've read conflicting advice about how long to wait to get pregnant after miscarriage, but following my second miscarriage the doctors suggested it's really a personal decision and comes down to when you feel emotionally ready to try again.

If everything is on track, they'll be able to date you at the first ultrasound, so while you might not be sure in the beginning they'll be able to sort it out some weeks down the line.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! 
  • Thank you so much! I hope alls well with you too :) will I be sent for an early scan as I’ve had a miscarriage would you think?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure what the norm is, to be honest. I don't think I was sent all that much earlier than I would be otherwise, and so the waiting felt very stressful for me. Hopefully you can be upfront with your doctor or care provider if you're feeling some anxiety and they can give you a rundown of what to expect.
  • Thanks so much :)
  • I miscarried back at the end of June and was cleared to try again if I wanted to and was ready and in august when my period was non existent except for wiping I knew I was pregnant again and am about 7 weeks 4 days go for my first scan tomorrow but the docs I talked to all said it was good because I had stopped bleeding and some times the miscarriage is needed to get your body prepared for pregnancy 
  • This happened with my first pregnancy, I got pregnant right away after my 1st miscarriage. I was a worry wart the whole pregnancy. Now I have a healthy awesome daughter :) try not to worry