Toddlers: 24 Months+

How do you help your 4 Y/O wash hands?

Every time my Son needs to use the restroom, he has no problem doing so. The issue is that it public restrooms are not designed with small children in mind. Imagine if you were a little boy walking into a restroom and everything was oversized and way out of his grasp 

my son is really small for his age. Literally everything is out of his reach , and to add insult to injury, most places don’t even have a stepstool available, i’m not sure how little kids supposed to reach the soap or sink or paper towels if they are by themselves, especially if your child is short for their age. 

so there my kid is, unable to see what he is 
doing above the counter, Fossetts are too far, paper towels and/or hairdryers along with soap dispensers are a good foot or two above his head. He is going to have to grow quite a bit to be able to reach these items 

The issue is Im new to all of this parenting stuff, I can’t find a comfortable way of holding my little guy up to the sink to wash his hands. And I don’t want to put him up on the dirty counter. 

so my question— How do you lift your kid up to the sink and help them wash hands without the use of a stool?

Re: How do you help your 4 Y/O wash hands?

• I let my toddler stand on the counter next to the sink.
  • I would use pocket hand sanitizer in public and a step stool at home. Especially these days, you want to wash your hands again when you arrive home. In public, you could also lift the child to sink and towel/dryer level. Washing hands is always better than sanitizer.