1st Trimester

Reoccurring Yeast Infections After Intimacy

I’m currently 10 weeks & it seems like the yeast infections have been non stop since I found out I was pregnant. Even after taking extra precautions during intercourse with my husband it is an ongoing cycle & we both wonder if we’ll ever get to have intimate time together without me being in so much discomfort afterwards. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

Re: Reoccurring Yeast Infections After Intimacy

• Um, have you gone to your doctor and have it properly treated?  Discussed this w/ you provider. 
  • Yes, I have. It is consistently treated. Just wanted to know if others experienced the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • Has your husband tried an external cream for yeast just in case he's having an issue and throwing you balance off? I haven't had yeast infections during pregnancy, but I used to get them chronically in my 20s and it was miserable. Things that helped: sleeping with no underwear, using cool air from the blow dryer after a shower, cotton underwear and loose pants, a small dab of tea tree oil (but I'm not sure tea tree oil is safe in pregnancy). Also, I'm assuming your provider checked for bv but if not ask. Once I thought I was having neverending yeast and it turned out bv was the underlying cause but it didn't have typical symptoms. Good luck!! Maybe it'll go away for 2nd trimester as hormones shift! 
  • edited October 2022
    Get some Gentian Violet. It’s an anti-fungal. I use it because I’m allergic to the pharmacy yeast infection drugs. You can buy Gentian Violet online at Amazon. Test it on your skin first to see if your allergic, but in a hidden spot because it will stain your skin for a week. If you are not allergic then swab a q-tip and rub it up your vagina. You can also put it on your husband’s penis to kill the yeast on him as well. I have only had to use it maybe twice in my life and have not had a yeast infection since. Doctors used to use Gentian Violet for babies who had thrush mouth before modern medicine started poisoning us with pharmaceuticals. Do not take pharmaceuticals and Gentian Violet at the same time.