February 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms - October 17

Re: Weekly Randoms - October 17

• Ugh. I just left my appt and I’ve already gained too much weight and was told to “keep it on the curve” whatever that means. 
    I don’t eat unhealthy. But I’m always hungry and I eat until I’m full. Now I’m gonna have anxiety about this because how do I not keep gaining weight with 3rd trimester coming up? 
  • @amccurls It’s frustrating when you leave a provider visit and not feel supported. Did they offer at least a nutritionist referral to support you through your pregnancy to help you manage? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ttc3y no, they did not. However, I just read my 24 week update on here and it said I should’ve gained 12-15 pounds by now. I’ve gained 18 so I’ve decided I’m not going to worry about it and maybe just go for a walk a few nights a week. I think I was overwhelmed for nothing. 
  • @amccurls that’s the worst! And being 3 lbs past the curve is potentially water weight/change in clothing weight from the season change (in the northern hemisphere)/before and after a meal. For a while I was weighing myself every morning, just to be sure I was on track, and some days I’d go up 2.5 lbs, then back down 2 lbs the next day… like that was a regular fluctuation for me based on what I’d eaten and done the day before, and very well could be for you, too.

I wouldn’t stress about it, but I hate when providers make a big deal out of something without giving any solutions or support and leave you feeling anxious and a little confused.
  • @amccurls I'm sorry your provider stressed you out without helping you. I agree with Turtle that +/- 3 lbs does not seem like a big issue especially since our bodies change so much daily. ::hugs::

My SO just made his first purchase for baby! <3 I've liked the Charlie Crane Levo baby rocker for years (I adore good design) and this being my third we're very happy to get things used. We've been casually looking for that and the Jools Aer stroller for a while. Well, last night he spies the rocker on FB in our local area for less than half price so today he went to go get it. It's hardly used because the other baby didn't like it and we will totally be able to sell it for what we paid when we're done with it. Score! Now I just need to decide if I let my daughter use it for her baby dolls for now or hide it away until February :)
  • Thank you all so much! 

@Paturkey yay on the stroller! 
  • Here’s my weekly random. I took a 4 session hip pop dance course, and we filmed a video of the dance when I was 21w + 3d. We just got our first look at the video! I definitely didn’t imagine doing this type of dance while pregnant. This is also around the time that I realized it’s a lot harder to get back up after going down to the floor while dancing. 😂 

I’m in the tutu and sparkly gloves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UAL76G8uaA&feature=share&utm_source=EJGixIgBCJiu2KjB4oSJEQ
  • @karbaud SOOOO AWESOME!! I honestly couldn’t even tell you were pregnant- good outfit choice! You’re a great dancer!!
  • @karbaud that is amazing! You look like a pro and I would never guess in a million years that you're pregnant with those smooth moves. 
  • Thank you, @cpk3535 and @seeds_of_joy. Black is slimming! Lol. I can definitely tell that I’m slowing down now when dancing, and my balance isn’t as good as it used to be. But, it’s still fun!
  • @karbaud Thank you for sharing the dance video! You and your dance group looked fabulous! Loved the black tutu! I could not have guessed that you were pregnant. You definitely had a fun and charismatic presence! I’m glad you are staying active! 😊