3rd Trimester
Options

Mucus plug/bloody show

Hiya ladies,

First time mum here and I feel I have lost my mucus plug over the last few days loosing a thumb size at a time, I am only 27+4 weeks pregnant so it is really early to loose at this stage. I went to maternity triage and they didn’t seem too concerned and said my cervix appeared closed and sent me on my way but I can’t stop thinking about it and have lost some more mucus today.. is labour near for me!?

Thanks in advance ladies xx

Re: Mucus plug/bloody show

• Options
    Mucus plugs can regenerate. If triage said your cervix is closed, that's a good sign considering you're still early. Discharge can change a lot, so it may also just be a difference from your norm. I've also had discharge that made me question if it was the mucus plug, but it's been many weeks and it went away. Just keep your provider posted!
  • Options
    I've lost parts of my MP several times now.  The first time was pretty early on (I'm now 36 weeks- I want to say it was closer to 28 weeks). I panicked, my OB fit me in quickly and said she isn't worried at all that it will regenerate itself.  I've lost chunks of it 3 more times since then but as of last week was only dilated at 1cm so still not concerned.