March 2023 Moms

What are you eating? October

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: What are you eating? October

• I think I'm starting to turn the corner and be able to tolerate more stuff. At least I noticed smells aren't bothering me quite so bad. Still terrified to try much right now. But I keep wanting something else but can't figure out what because nothing actually sounds good. It's so frustrating. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Gimmie all the roasted veggies and comfort foods! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to give up my normal breakfast (bagel with flavored cream cheese) because I can't stand the smell anymore. I tried a bite last Thursday and nearly threw it up. I also ate a corn dog with soy sauce last night and it was delicious. Idk wtf my smell/taste buds are doing any more.
  • Comfort foods for the win here. Way too many bowls of pasta & Mac and cheese - also we’ve been getting out of the office past midnight most days and all I want is an in-n-out burger literally every day especially since they’re open late. I hadn’t eaten there in like 5 years prior to getting pregnant and now I want it all the time. After our tax season is over I need to eat better. 
  • Lately it’s been everything fast food I’ve been craving… my husband took me to the beach for a few days and worst thing to do which pregnant.. 
  • I've been wanting just plain roasted veggies. I made a beef stew the other day that was actually delicious. I also made a curry dish that I couldn't eat. I had an adversion to curry during my last pregnancy too. Ice cream. I want to much ice cream. I put off buying a blizzard for weeks then decided to get one and it was incredibly disappointing.the top 1/4 was great and delicious, the bottle 3/4 was just the plain ice cream base. I was angry 
  • shorty-sarshorty-sar member
    edited October 2022
    I’m always hungry 😂 I try to make a large dinner so my husband and I have enough for lunches, but some days the left overs don’t taste good 😫 I was eat two tuna sandwiches with pickles a week(or so, depending on left overs) and I think my body finally said no more on Friday.🥲 It didn’t taste good anymore and started to feel nauseous. 🥲

I use to eat oatmeal with almond butter every morning, but now it makes me gag 😭
  • Literally everything… send help 
  • Nothing is really bothering me anymore thankfully! But I had GD last pregnancy so I’m trying to watch what I eat. All I want to eat is French fries and refried beans but definitely limiting those. 
  • Pb&js are still high on the list. Anything spicy! Which hits my heartburn bad lol. I've been craving red meat but have yet to do anything about it. 

• It's finally chilly here, so SOUPS. Mmm I love soup season. 
  • Been eating sooo much cottage cheese and pineapple .. also making avocado egg salad .. lots of dill pickles .. and protein smoothies with Greek yogurt .. and when I have time I prep overnight oats .. eating out is hard nothing tastes as good as I want it too or imagine it too at least 😑...the only thing that I have really enjoyed out has been Kolaches .. brisket and mashed potatoes ones 🤤 eat two a week ..
  • Walked around the grocery store for a solid 45mins looking for something, anything!, that sounded good. Total fail. 😭😭
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Ugh the nausea is back. All I ate for dinner was rice.
  • missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited October 2022
    Chilis, soups, and baked goods sound really good right now. I just made some jalapeño-cheddar scones. I got all the ingredients to make Cincinnati-style chili a few weeks ago but still haven't made it.
  • For me it’s literally any fast food, pizza, wings, anything anyone puts in front of me I’ll eat. I’m always hungry ever since my morning sickness went away. 
  • Comfort foods for the win here. Way too many bowls of pasta & Mac and cheese - also we’ve been getting out of the office past midnight most days and all I want is an in-n-out burger literally every day especially since they’re open late. I hadn’t eaten there in like 5 years prior to getting pregnant and now I want it all the time. After our tax season is over I need to eat better. 
    This has been me too!!! 
  • @miss_lynn9 I hear you about the blizzard!! I waited for weeks and finally caved, but it’s sucked! The cinnamon roll pieces were stale and it was mostly vanilla. So last week I went to a different Dairy Queen, explained that I was preggo and really needed a good blizzard and they did it right! 🥹 It was everything I wanted. Between the fall and the good experiences I may have had quite a few pints of Ben & Jerry’s.. oie. 
  • Pretty much my food cravings are brought on by what sounds good with hot sauce 😅 but I made breakfast burritos with hash browns from Costco, frozen bell peppers and onions and some eggs and I want to eat all of them forever. Definitely with Cholula 😂
  • @edmn2022 awe I'm glad you got a good one! 
  • I. LOVE. SOUP 😍
    I didn’t used to be so passionate about making soup but man it REALLY hits the spot lately… I’m trying to be really good about maintaining a good veggie intake and soup helps with that too. However my hubby made a salad the other night and it was one of those “this is the best thing I’ve ever tasted before in my life” moments. 
  • missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited October 2022
    @sarcasm4life @heytallmama What are your favorites? Some soup ideas would be nice. (Other people's too!)
  • @missmuisq we have a knockoff recipe of the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana which I love - potatoes, sausage, garlic, kale. It’s delicious! 

Another favourite in our house is the country potato soup from the joanna Gaines cookbook (I forget if it’s the first or second one) 
  • Todays craving was hot Cheetos and nacho cheese 😂 
    and I’m paying for it now.. 😆

Also, @muggsd I’ve been adding cauliflower to the zuppa toscana to sneak in more veggies and lighten it up a little and it’s still just as good! 
  • Ok I caved with all this talk of soup. I went to Trader Joe’s and got like one of each kind of soup to eat quick at the office. So good! 
  • chelseak322chelseak322 member
    edited October 2022
    I cannot get enough blueberries, although all fruit is amazing right now! Also anything with strong tastes...pickles, anything covered in hot sauce, straight lemon juice. Some days I feel like it's literally impossible to get full, other days eating is a chore, which is when the soup comes in handy. My cravings and aversions change daily, if not hourly! 
  • If you're not up for making homemade soups Progresso and chunky Campbell's soup are delicious!
  • I had wok box bang bang shrimp today and it was AMAZING. Now that's all I want. Day 4 of eating left over Thanksgiving dinner and I'm done 😅
  • Just a grateful shoutout to those who mentioned Subway. It's like the best thing I've ever tasted. I'm from NYC and we have amazing delis but there's something about this place (probably the bread)! Wouldn't have thought of it until I read your comments. Thanks!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida meh, you're likely to get sick from lettuce/fruits/veggies more than deli meat IMO. At least that's what you always see recalled on the news for listeria and never deli meat 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Still only want chicken breast or bacon (no other meat). Made some chicken noodle soup this week. Had potato soup last week. I liked the potato soup better! 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @firecracker_mama I soo wish I could do chicken 😭 for some reason it always smells rotten to me. Unless it's chicken nuggets from McDonald's lol
    Ground beef is about the only meat I can do. 

Speaking of MCDs... we limit fast food to one day a week after my daughter finishes with ballet. Today we are doing adult happy meals!🤣
  • @gravcass my biggest hangup with other meat is the grissle/other oddities that are in it that aren't usually found in a chicken breast. Sends me over the edge 🤮
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @gravcass I’ve craved McDonald’s every day of this pregnancy and have given in a lot 🤣

I’m basically eating popcorn every night. Like this is pretty usual for me, but I’m eating it more often than not. 
  • Chicken fajita soup, hamburger soup (you can either be a true Becky home-Ecky and chop all of your veggies or just grab a bag of chopped frozen veggies), and I just made a butternut squash soup earlier this week for the first time and was really pleasantly surprised. I’m trying to be better about veggies. 
    Salads also weirdly hit the spot lately. 

I am also a grape-consuming-machine lately 😅
  • @sarcasm4life omg “Becky Home Ecky” might be my new favorite term 😂
  • last night on the way home from work my husband asked me what I was hungry for my exact words were everything, so he stopped at a couple different places and brought home different things to satisfy me and my weird cravings. And I have to admit he did a good job.