Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Best bottles and pumps out there?

Im a mom of one 4 yr old and pregnant with another. I never really did bottle feeding with my first but want to with this second one. Im thinking about purchasing Nanobebe bottles but wanted to hear others recommendations of bottles. What have you used and liked? I also want to get a cordless portable breast pump. Any favorites people have used? Preferences, recommendations to these? Thanks ladies.

Re: Best bottles and pumps out there?

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Our bottle preference is Philips Avent plastic bottles with the Natural Response nipple. The plastic heats up better and faster than glass in the Avent bottle warmer and the nipples have a great flow rate. We got our first one in a registry welcome box and after trying a few different brands my son has shown preference to these nipples. I believe they are even helping prevent gas, too. Also, they are on the less expensive side of the baby bottle price spectrum and easily available at Target, Walmart, and obviously Amazon. 

I used a Madela Pump in Style breast pump, which doesn’t fit your criteria. The battery pack lasts a long time, but it’s external so it still has a cord, it’s just not plugged into the wall. I liked it okay, but had issues with my milk coming in so I don’t use it anymore. It was free with my insurance. 
  • Options
    The avent bottles are by far the best bottles I have used. I got the nanobebe bottles and I used one bottle and hated them. They leak and my daughter did not like them anyway. 
    When I had my son I did much better with breastfeeding but when I gave him breast milk in the bottle he prefers the Madela bottles because of the faster flow. 
    For the breast pump I used the madela pump with my daughter but I also wanted a cordless when I had my son. I got the elvie stride (on natural way) insurance covered it and it has been the best pump I could have got. I am strictly pumping now since my son sleeps through the night and it’s still going strong almost 5 months in definitely recommend it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love the Phillips Avent bottles - they are all we use now!! 

For pumps I used the Spectra S2, and then also bought the Willow 3.0 which is portable and cordless. It's great for pumping on the go but is very expensive and it doesn't pump as much as the spectra (which seems to be the common consensus about all portable pumps).