2nd Trimester
Options

UTI, antibiotics and throat pain

I've managed to get a UTI, and was put on an antibiotic that I've never been prescribed before. Started Saturday afternoon taking this and by Monday morning my throat is killing me. It now hurts to talk and swallow but I don't have a fever or any other symptoms. Have anyone else ever experienced this with ampicillin?

Re: UTI, antibiotics and throat pain

• Options
    Oh no! I wonder if it's thrush because of the antibiotics. I'd call your doctor and get seen.
  • Options
    It definitely could be thrush, or it could be completely unrelated. A really swollen and sore throat can be a symptom of an allergic reaction, but that’s less likely because that usually includes a rash, hives, or diarrhea/stomach upset.

Definitely call your doctor, because they still may switch you to a different antibiotic just in case or want to see you to check for thrush, strep, or signs of a viral infection.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both, I did contact my Dr yesterday. They weren't too concerned but after the night I've had I think I just won the sickness lottery - a UTI and a cold all rolled into one.. 
  • Options
    @lisamright oof isn’t it fun when your body just kicks you when you’re down? I hope you feel better soon and can find some relief from the sore throat and other cold symptoms!
  • Options
    @fertile-turtle thank you ❤️ I'm actually starting to feel a bit better already :)
  • Options
    @lisamright. There's this product called citro-soda I'm not sure if it's readily available where you are. It works wonders for UTI's. Hope you can get it. All the best