Weekly Check in Monday October 3rd

EDD / Weeks + Days: 
Baby is the size of a(n):
Team blue/pink/green:
Upcoming Appointments: 
How are you feeling?: 
Rants/Raves: 
Questions:
GTKY: Post a photo of yourself! Can be with baby bump or not! Hiding your face or not etc just to give us an idea of who is behind the screen name :) 

Re: Weekly Check in Monday October 3rd

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/24 // 24w

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Oct. 20

How are you feeling?: Steady as she goes, I suppose. Some hip and back aches that I can’t stretch away still, more tired than I would be without baby along, but nothing that can’t be tolerated.

Rants/Raves: Last week was an off week from concerts, so I was able to get some rest, de stress, and catch up on some housework that got neglected. Pretty happy about that.

Questions: Always forget them til mid week 😅 none right now

GTKY: Post a photo of yourself! I honestly don’t take many photos of myself & am not planning any maternity shoots. Nothing against them at all! I’m just more comfy behind a camera than in front. This is the only picture I have with me in it that’s not from last year (featuring the current baby boy). Maybe I’ll have some better ones at the shower this month.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cc_clark I used to hate getting my photo taken but I had a patient that touched my heart once, she was a very elderly lady with advanced dementia who couldn’t even remember her own name never mind her family members but anytime they brought out a family photo album it was like everything clicked for her and she could recount the memories in her photos and it was a very beautiful thing to witness and I thought to myself after that day no more hiding behind the camera so if the day ever comes I can’t remember my loved ones infront of me atleast I’ll have the memories of them brought up from photos! So every year once a year we all take progressional family photos! I just so happen to be pregnant so did a few maternity ones too this year! 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @thankfullyamama awww! This is so true, my grandma has dementia and can't tell you what she ate for lunch, but knows everyone in old photos.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 23 w
    Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog 
    Team blue/pink/green: pink
    Upcoming Appointments: two weeks until the next one
    How are you feeling?: Good! 
    Rants/Raves: I wanted a transition to fall, not 85 to 50 in one day then staying cool!
    Questions: none today
    GTKY: (a fabulous work bathroom selfie)
  • Options
    @thankfullyamama You look beautiful! I don’t even see the eye bags. I think I slept in nursing tanks after my first. I don’t like feeling too constrained.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 24w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Ear of corn

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Had MFM fetal echo today, Thursday regular OB appt Thursday.

How are you feeling?: Good, getting a lot done around the house before visitors come this weekend and it’s a good time to get baby stuff done too.

Rants/Raves: Baby looked great today including her heart structures. 

Questions: I can never think of them when I answer.

GTKY: Post a photo of yourself! Can be with baby bump or not! Hiding your face or not etc just to give us an idea of who is behind the screen name 

car selfie with my kiddo cropped out

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 27 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas

Team blue/pink/green: blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday the 12th. Then I start every 2 weeks!

How are you feeling?: overall pretty good. Sprained my ankle last week, recovering from that

Rants/Raves: finally finished my baby registry! My baby showers only a month away now, just bought my dress.

Questions: does anyone else experience increased heart rate? I at times will feel like my heart is racing and overall faster.

• Options
    @r_kenn99 I honestly found finding a pediatrician easier than my own PCP! Is there a local parents fb group you could ask for recs in, or local mom friends?
  • Options
    @zoyo98 increased hr is very common! You can talk to your Dr if you feel concerned, but it’s completely normal with all the extra blood pumping you’re doing 

@r_kenn99 the network my ob is in offers some meet the pediatrician events every couple months. Maybe see if your midwife knows of any similar events coming up?
  • Options
    @willrunforcookies @cc_clark thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely look into those!
  • Options
    i feel like I’ve been absent so I’m sorry! With my job resignation/re negotiation and we bought a house last week it’s been a mess! I’m trying to take some time to get on here through 

EDD / Weeks + Days: third time problems—24 +? weeks 
    Team blue/pink/green: pink 
    Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday regular appt
    How are you feeling?: actually great! My Bp is staying stable, I feel energized so yay!
    Rants/Raves: I’m in the process of renegotiation so I don’t have to resign and I hate this part. Just let me do my job and pay me my percentage—make the admin who aren’t doctors leave me alone, easy, right?! 
    Other rant: currently stuck at work because I got bumped for more emergent surgeries 

Questions: give me nursery inspo! I’m stuck! 

GTKY: Post a photo of yourself! Can be with baby bump or not! Hiding your face or not etc just to give us an idea of who is behind the screen name 

• Options
    @footdrbritt congrats on the house!!  Ooo I think we need a full nursery thread. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 22nd/ 24w 6d

Team blue/pink/green: blue💙

Upcoming Appointments: Monday, Oct 10

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, surprisingly!

Rants/Raves: Definitely been a lot of new stressers this week and I am struggling with sorting all of it out!

Questions: What are some good ideas for baby shower food?? Mine got moved up to Nov 19th and I am planning it by myself!😅

GTKY: Post a photo of yourself!
    I am definitely carrying different this time!