January 2023 Moms

Covid and Pregnancy

I currently have Covid. I am currently 5 weeks. Does anyone have any experience with Covid and Pregnancy? I am so scared this could impact our pregnancy. 

Re: Covid and Pregnancy

• Hello
    With my first pregnancy I had Covid while I was 20 weeks pregnant I November of 2020
    I have a healthy son. Ask any questions you may have.
  • jkopyjkopy member
    I got Covid at 4 weeks, the same day I found out I was pregnant. My doctor told me I should be totally fine. I don’t have any proof I am yet as I haven’t had an appointment yet- but try not to worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 6w5d and just got diagnosed yesterday. My OB started me on baby aspirin as a precaution and said this strand hasn't seemed to effect pregnancies as much as Delta but my first US is next Wednesday and I'm just trying to stay as worry free until then! I'd ask your OB if you're having any concerning symptoms
  • jesofthenorthjesofthenorth member
    edited June 2022
    My husband just came home from a work summit and brought Covid with him, so he’s isolating in the bedroom while I stay away and try not to freak out. I asked him to wear a mask around me and he acted like I told him to amputate his leg. This is NOT fun and I’m freaking out about getting sick and the long-term consequences…
  • jesele said:
    My husband just came home from a work summit and brought Covid with him, so he’s isolating in the bedroom while I stay away and try not to freak out. I asked him to wear a mask around me and he acted like I told him to amputate his leg. This is NOT fun and I’m freaking out about getting sick and the long-term consequences…
    If your husband isn't cooperating, maybe try sharing this article with him: https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20220610/covid-in-womb-neurodevelopmental-disorders

It looks like COVID may double the risk of certain disabilities detectable before age 2 (kids aren't yet old enough to know about other disabilities, such as autism), which hopefully motivates him to wear a mask. But the risk is still low, just over 6% (which hopefully is comforting to you).
  • I tested positive for Covid a few days ago, at 11 weeks. I was also freaking out but my doctor put my mind at ease saying my baby and I would be totally fine since I’m vaccinated/boosted. As of now just some lingering congestion, and hopefully everything’s okay long term for baby!

Reading about taking baby aspirin now and will ask my dr about it…
  • I just got covid too a few days ago and am 11 weeks! Waiting to hear back from my OB but the nurse didn’t seem concerned since I’m vaccinated and boosted. Two of my sister in laws had it during pregnancy too - one at like 4 weeks and one at 4 months. The one at four months had to take baby aspirin and induce early but it seems like it’s OB-dependent on what you’re told to do. I have an appointment on the 21 so I’ll find out then I guess if anything I need to do!
  • All five kids, DH and I tested positive on Tuesday eve. I’m 11 weeks now. Just so ready to feel better…
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 11 weeks and got covid too but didnt test positive until today. My 3 year old brought it from preschool. Luckily, it passed pretty quickly with fever and muscle aches for a day on Saturday and just tired/sleepy today. My appointment is on the 15th and hoping for the best 😬. I am vaccinated but not boosted and had covid around Christmas as well which passed like a cold as well.
  • Curious how people are living their lives… I have an outdoor wedding this weekend that I was planning on flying to and I keep going back and forth on going. I got covid at Christmas by sitting next to my family, and I’d sit next to my family again tomorrow. I’m not interested in becoming a hermit for the next 6+ months but I also want to protect my baby. This is 1/2 weddings I have this summer, both are very significant people in my life and I’d hate to miss it. But the idea of risking even a tiny bit of my child’s health makes me pause. Curious to hear what y’all are doing! 
  • I got covid at the end of June, I’m 24 weeks pregnant. It lasted about 8 days and I was fine. Im
    a travel Cna, unvaccinated, have had covid 5 times, twice with no symptoms, and I haven’t had any issues whatsoever. It’s always just felt like a sinus infection to me and I get really tired. First time I was so sick, December 2019. After that it hasn’t been too bad. This last time I was miserable but didn’t test positive til I was just about over it. And I was being tested daily. I just research a lot and make sure I’m keeping up with staying healthy, making healthy food and drink choices, drinking lots of water. I take low dose aspirin until 6 weeks post partum. You’ll be fine, don’t stress about it, that only makes things worse! My baby is healthy, big for how far along I am. No issues except I have marginal cord insertion and I also have hypothyroidism. But I take medicine for that and it’s under control. Marginal cord insertion more than likely has nothing to do with covid. Just keep going to the dr and you’ll be fine.