May 2023 Moms

GTKY: Pets!

Tell us about your fur babies! (Or feather babies or scaly babies)

I have a 10-year-old black cat who is mostly fluff. She weighs about 5 pounds but is a normal weight for her body size. My vet and I agree she's a "forever kitten."  <3

Her name is Auglaize (pronounced aw-glaze), after a county in western Ohio. She came from a hoarding situation, so the shelter named all the cats after counties in our state, and I decided to keep her name. We also call her Auggie or Glaizey.  :) 

Pic in spoiler! Yes, we celebrate her birthday by giving her special food in the shape of her age  :D 

Re: GTKY: Pets!

• Mentioned in my intro post, but our fur baby is a 1 year old German Shepherd, named Fenrir (from norse mythology).

Pic in spoiler. 

Here he is at 2 months and 11 months, clearly he likes sleeping on his back. 

• @momsiepopsicle What a beautiful coat! DH had two German Shepherds when he was little and he says they were "the best guard dogs."  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • We have one furbaby, a chocolate lab named Cogan. He's 11, and usually acts his age, until you get him on a walk or begging for food, then he's a puppy again. Pic in spoiler...

• Lorelai Gilmore (imperial shihtzu, about 5lbs) and Remy Martin (standard shihtzu, about 13lbs) 
    I’m a little nervous because while they are gentle and calm they hide from children typically and aren’t big fans. They’ve been my whole world for so long I worry about them feeling left out! 

• This is Tacho, no idea how old he really is (rescue) guessing around 7? We rescued him two years ago and he’s the sweetest, calmest baby. He’s 14 lbs and loves to burrow under blankets, and take walks (when it’s not raining). He’s not really interested in kiddos but he’s fine with them. He loves my son and wants to keep him safe but he doesn’t ever want to play 🤣
  • 4 y/o mini Schnoodle and an 11 month old GIANT Schnoodle. So worried about getting the pup trained asap before baby comes! She’s a sweet giant but she doesn’t listen well just yet.
  • hi!! we have a rescue dog named Birdie who is 10
    years old now and totally an old lady. we also have two cat’s that are technically my 6 yr old daughter’s, she named them Gidget and Donut. all three pets are great with kids and i know they will love having another person to love on! 
  • I have a very sassy American Cocker Spaniel! Her name is Guinness, but we call her Guinny. She is super smart and therefore knows she has us wrapped around her paw. I don’t think she knows she’s no longer going to be the baby of the house!  :D 
  • We have two 12 year old cats named Beezus (after Beezus and Ramona) and Finster (after The character on Rugrats.)

I tried to resize my pic so hopefully it’s not enormous! 

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I have a 16-year old toy poodle named Jasmyn who I've had for 10 years. This year we adopted a 1-year old Yorkiepoo named Quincy who is 20 pounds bigger than Jaz so it's been quite an adjustment! It's definitely getting us ready for having a baby!
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited September 2022

We have an almost 9 year old Cavapoo named George. He's a sweet boy but very anxious. He's not the type of dog to go up and approach the kids by any means (and unfortunately, he's been jaded by some nieces/nephews from before we had kids who were not gentle), but he loves them in his own "these kids are great from afar and when they drop/give me food," sort of way. He also DOES not like it when anyone aside from immediate family approaches during the newborn stage, so very protective. He's the best assistant on my WFH days.

• We have 2 dogs: a nine year old German Shepherd/ Border Collie Mix named Tesla who is my soul/ velcro dog and a 16 week Husky named Jamie. We also have a 12 pound black cat named Beerus. Tesla is always by my side/ trying to protect me. We never got to bring our first baby home, so we really don't know how she will react. But if how much she insists on cuddling next to my tummy is any indicator this time, she'll probably be pretty protective. Jamie, on the other hand, is a bundle of energy all the time. A couple weeks ago, while playing, she jumped onto my stomach and pushed off hard, scared the piss out of us. We're kind of concerned that she is going to be a little too rambunctious for the baby and for pregnancy. My husband is always intercepting her to keep her from getting to rowdy next to me, but she's a Husky and a puppy and he gets annoyed with playing with her. I don't feel like it's fair to her tp take away all play just because Mommy's a little delicate. It will hopefully get better once she finishes with her shots and can start going on walks. (There is a super high parvo/distemper rate in our area, so the vet has ordered a total lockdown, aside from potty trips in our backyard, until she finishes all of her shots.) Is anybody else dealing with a high energy puppy that doesn't understand why Momma can't play all of a sudden?
  • We have a 2 year old and 1.5 year golden retrievers!