Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What tricks/tips will make him not throw up?

Hello everyone, 
My little guy is just over 7 months and we began feeding him purees at 6 months and each and every time we introduce a new texture, no matter how tiny, he gags it up. 
The first was a sweet pea size of sweet potato-vomited up. Next was a tiny pea size egg--vomited up. Then I touched his lips with hummus also as a allergy (sesame) test..he took the tiny shard in his mouth--vomited it up. Today, I tried banana, vomited it up. 

I give him a bottle and then around 2 or 2 1/2 hours later is when I bring out the purees/solids I want to introduce. 

I can understand that new things can make him gag and vomit them up  but I'm getting discouraged. At first I was terrified of him choking and while that is still a fear, but now it is a fear of "When will he ever hold down new foods that aren't purees?!!" 
I try my best not to show my frustration as I know that can make a negative association, but it is frustrating; so I vent here. 

What tricks/tips do you have for foods that your little ones have kept down? 

I will intro those foods again, as I have people say to try it again, and again, and again, but just..so much vomit! Haha 
I mean not just spit up, like it is a pool!! 

How did you get through the discouraging thoughts? 

Re: What tricks/tips will make him not throw up?

• Is it new tastes or textures? Does he eat any purees, if so, what? Did he vomit with those as well? Are these purees that he's vomiting, or small bits of regular foods? If regular foods, does he eat the puree version okay? One thing is that he may not be developmentally ready for more solid foods... How is his motor development? Is he holding his head up? Sitting unassisted for indefinite amounts of time? Crawling? Is he bringing toys to his mouth? Is he bringing these foods to his mouth or are you giving them to him? I'm curious to these questions, and may have some ideas depending on the answers. For now, though, I would hold off on giving him foods that make him vomit; it will create a negative association that will be harder to overcome later. Ultimately you could go to your doctor and get a referral to a feeding therapist, but you might not be at that point yet and there may be some things you can try first.