April 2023 Moms
Options

8 weeks & straight up not having a good time

Help. I can’t stop complaining. I am 8 weeks 2 days in my first pregnancy that I never thought I’d get to experience & all I can do is nag, bitch, & complain. I go back & forth between the constant nausea, food aversion to almost everything while I’m starving & hangry, to the constipation & already completely uncomfortable I’m my own skin & the mood swings I am no fun to be around. Me & my partner never fought, bickered or argue & completely obsessed with each other since day 1, now every single little thing he does and says makes me want to punch him in the throat. How do I get myself to be happy & fun again..😭

Re: 8 weeks & straight up not having a good time

• Options
    @knottie6a1eb86383566b15 try to give yourself some grace here. Creating life is exhausting, and your body is going through a ton of changes right now. I have been irritable, cranky, tired, feeling like shit, and allllll the things, but hopefully as hormones start to even out, so will my mood. I've been keeping a gratitude journal to try and get my brain redirected on some positive things (some days all I can say is that I made it through the day, but that's still something). If not that, are there other things that help to ground you again? 
  • Options
    @knottie6a1eb86383566b15 - Girl, I feel you! I’m 35 years old, always wanted to be a mom - just got married, now I’m pregnant with our first kiddo. And the roller coaster of emotions & symptoms is OVERWHELMING! The nausea is unbearable some days and then I’m bloated and feel like I can’t eat but force myself to - next day I’m fine. I cry anytime I feel like crap and feel bad for my new hubs. He’s been amazing but I feel like a crazy person sometimes.

I agree with what @trubaby411said - I’m trying to give myself and my body grace knowing I’m going through something and my body is going through something it never has before!!

And I’m praying like hell that this is all just first trimester stuff lol