FTM/STM/TTM+: 
EDD / Weeks + Days: 
Baby is the size of a:
Team blue/pink/green:
Upcoming Appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple?

Re: Weekly Check-In: 9/12/22

• Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 6W3D
    Baby is the size of a: chocolate chip
    Team blue/pink/green: finding out
    Upcoming Appointments: first appt 9/29
    How are you feeling?: Weirdly normal. I can see why some women don't realize they're pregnant until a few months in. I'm not going to complain about a lack of nausea and fatigue, but it's unsettling that I don't feel much different other than enlarged breasts and having to pee more often. It makes me wonder if the baby is even growing.  :/
    Rants/Raves: I think this is finally the week I have to start catching up on six months' worth of work because of a pricing freeze that took forever to resolve. And I have half of Wednesday off to go to a baseball game! :grimace:
    Questions: Has anyone else had a super mild first trimester?
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Even though I have pumpkins in my garden (that should be ready to pick soon!), DD and I made an amazing apple pie yesterday. Hopefully our family can go apple picking at the orchard near my in-laws' soon!
  • Options
    @hestia-is-wearie Hi, friend! 👋 I think six weeks is when nausea and other fun things often kick in, so this might be the calm before the storm for you. Or maybe you'll get lucky and have an easy first trimester!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 4w2d

Baby is the size of a: poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: 9/26

How are you feeling?: Anxious, but mostly okay. My stomach has been upset off and on and I've had some trouble sleeping at night.

Rants/Raves: I took a nap each day this weekend and I swear I could have slept for 12 hours straight. But when I lay down at night, I wake up every hour or two. Not my favorite. 

Questions: None today

GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Probably apple! I like maple too, but I don't necessarily associate it with fall.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited September 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 6; 6w2d
    Baby is the size of a: sweet pea- I love this week because that was my nickname from my dad growing up :) 
    Team blue/pink/green: def not green lol 
    Upcoming Appointments: bloodwork 9/29 and first appointment 10/7 
    How are you feeling?: not bad, which makes me nervous, but trying to be happy. SO many potty trips, and I’m exhausted though. 
    Rants/Raves: baseball scheduling is my rant. It’s supposed to start this week and coaches still have not been told when they can schedule practice. Everyone picked the same day, which obviously doesn’t work. It makes us (husband is coach, I’m team mom) look bad because we either can’t give info or have to keep changing it. Get it together, peeps! 
    Questions:
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Yes. Lol. I love pumpkin pie and donuts, apple cider and maple bacon donuts 😂
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/13 5w2d  
    Baby is the size of a: lentil
    Upcoming Appointments: I need to call my OB today to schedule 8 week scan
    How are you feeling?: TIRED
    Rants/Raves: We had our 2nd wedding in two weeks on Saturday and it was wonderful! And I am so happy our incredibly busy 8 weeks is now over and we can get to a routine.
    Questions: 
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? I like all of them! I feel like pumpkin flavor has gotten too sweet lately though! Probably Maple, pumpkin and then apple!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5 weeks 6 days
    Baby is the size of a: apple seed
    Upcoming Appointments: 9/29
    How are you feeling?: no major symptoms
    Rants/Raves: hard to keep it a secret to everyone ! People end up guessing if I am not drinking alcohol at an event.
    Questions: how much coffee is okay to have ?? I think I am being overly cautious and not really having any.
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Apple
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    @knottiefd7b1763257964d6 The official recommendation is under 200mg of caffeine per day. I like to order Starbucks cold brews, and the tall sizes are 145mg. On those days, I just limit how much chocolate I eat, because one ounce of chocolate has 12mg of caffeine.
    BTW, it might be a good idea for you to change your username to something easier to tag!  ;) Here's instructions on how to do it: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12769831/does-your-username-begin-with-knottie-read-this#latest
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM
    Baby is the size of a: peppercorn
    Team blue/pink/green: finding out with NIPT at 10-11 weeks
    Upcoming Appointments: October 7, not until 8w. But the minute I start feeling sick I'm calling for diclegis
    How are you feeling?: not pregnant
    Rants/Raves: excited!
    Questions: none
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Oh man. This is tough. But fall isn't actually maple season! Maple syrup is made in Feb/March. So apple for me. I do like pumpkin things (but not a huge fan of pumpkin spice.)

@hestia-is-wearie I never start getting sick until 6w or so, so it's been mild for me so far...
    knottie, can't tag you but I think up to 200mg is fine, so like two cups a day
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    Baby is the size of a: pfffft
    Team blue/pink/green: green
    Upcoming Appointments: I endured 20 min of hold music to make my first appointment in mid-October. (Luckily for follow-ups I can request appointments online and it’s much faster, but for the first one I had to call.)
    How are you feeling?: Basically no symptoms. I’m tired but I’m always tired, lol.
    Rants/Raves: rant: password changes. I got locked out of work today over just my password expiring and I find this kinda stressful. Now I gotta go in early tomorrow to reset my password because of the work I wasn’t able to do this afternoon. 
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Pumpkin! I love decorating for fall. 

@knottiefd7b1763257964d6 I was drinking over the recommended 200 mg pre-pregnancy so I just went through caffeine withdrawals to get it down to an acceptable level. But generally one grande Starbucks or two home brewed coffees is under the limit. So is four teas or sodas, although those can vary more in how much caffeine is in them. 
  • Options

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

EDD / Weeks + Days: 6w6d

Baby is the size of a: honeybee

Team blue/pink/green: can’t wait to find out

Upcoming Appointments: first ultrasound tomorrow

How are you feeling?: my boobs are sore, and the last couple of days I’ve been nauseous more and more during the day. At night even though I’m super tired, I’m having a rough time staying asleep, worst nausea seems to hit around 4-6am. 

Rants/Raves: I currently live in an apartment building and my upstairs neighbors are killing me with their awful perfume and cheap cologne drenching the hallways.  

Questions: NATM

GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple?  I used to be squarely in the middle between apple and pumpkin but we found out this year that DS is allergic to apple so I’ve been leaning into the pumpkin side lately 

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: edd May 11 / 5w4d
    Baby is the size of an: orange seed 
    Team blue/pink/green: finding out, but fun fact: I identify as non-binary myself. Still interested in finding out :) 
    Upcoming Appointments: first appt on 9/27
    How are you feeling?: pretty ok! Very minor cramps, like a mild period (but no blood!), occasional headaches, fatigue on and off. Thought I’d be feeling more by now, even though I know it’s early. 
    Rants/Raves: it was sooo humid today. Can’t wait for actual fall weather. 
    Questions: how do I know if they’re doing an ultrasound at my first visit? I didn’t think to ask any questions when I scheduled. I’m trying to decide if my partner should come. I’ll be nearly 8 weeks. Do you think they’ll do one? 
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? I love them all and actually I have a dog named Maple so team Maple forever. 
  • Options
    @jeanniegold my provider told me when I called that my first appointment will be bloodwork and medical history, then they have me come back a week later for the ultrasound. My husband is coming to the second, but not the first. 
  • Options
    Okay, thanks @ashleyp625. Maybe I’ll send a message and ask! 
  • Options
    @jeanniegold I’m having one at my first visit (8w). I have to have mine scheduled through radiology (but my OB practices in a building connected to the hospital). But I don’t have my husband come to ultrasounds except the 20w, or if there’s an issue (I had a scare with DD1 later in pregnancy so he came to that one). 

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 5w4d

Baby is the size of a: appleseed

Team blue/pink/green: unknown

Upcoming Appointments: Sept 28th U/S

How are you feeling?: overall good. Coming off covid and still really tired. 

Rants/Raves: we are big big holiday people and we just got a 12' skelly so I'm super excited to set up for Halloween!

Questions: how should we tell our oldest (8) that he's getting a new sibling? He's begged for years for one!

GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? I like the scent of any of them, but for flavor I'm team apple.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 5w3d

Baby is the size of a: lemon seed 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 5 (wish it was sooner)

How are you feeling?: overall good. Nauseated some times. Tired sometimes. I don’t feel pregnant like I did 2 days ago

Rants/Raves: I wish it was the second trimester so I could quit worrying so much 

Questions: is it normal to not always feel pregnant? 

GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? I'm team apple
  • Options
    I checked in before making my first appointment so now I do have a question. They can't get me in to see anyone or for the ultrasound until 10/14 I will be 10 weeks at that point. Wondering, should I call back and schedule something for the 2 weeks following so I can do that and get the order for bloodwork for the gender and genetic testing they do at 12 weeks? With my oldest 2 I went in waayy earlier.
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: First time mom!! 
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 15, 5wk 1d
    Baby is the size of a: sesame seed, allegedly 
    Team blue/pink/green: Green is my fav color 😉
    Upcoming Appointments: First confirmation appointment tomorrow
    How are you feeling?: Still just anxious. I had big migraine over the weekend and my BBT dropped a little bit this morning, so I've been worried in case these are signs up early loss. I realize that the odds are that this is normal, but still.
    Rants/Raves: Whhyyyy isn't there better scientific information about medicating migraines during pregnancy??? I mean, I know why. But 😭
    Questions: How do you choose the best OB? I'm going to choose one that is my insurance network. What are other things I should be caring about? 
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple?  I like a little bit of everything, but if I had to choose I suppose it would be pumpkin. It's versatile! 
  • Options
    Rants/Raves: I wish it was the second trimester so I could quit worrying so much 

Questions: is it normal to not always feel pregnant? 
    I don't want to rush it, but I feel the same way! I wish the risk of losing this pregnancy was lower already. 

Also, I know it's normal to not feel pregnant 100% of the time when it's so early. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 17/5 weeks
    Baby is the size of a: orange seed
    Team blue/pink/green: def finding out!
    Upcoming Appointments: not until Oct 17 and i’m already impatient AF
    How are you feeling?: pregnant but not super sick yet. my bewbs are huge and sore, i’m exhausted, moody, and so so excited. 
    Rants/Raves: i have already started decorating for fall and it makes me vurry happy! 
    Questions: none!
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? team apple! 
  • Options
    @gingermama46 the tests can be done as early as 10 weeks. I don’t know how it works at your office. At mine, you don’t need an office appointment for blood work. What would happen at my practice is that I’d see the doctor at 10 weeks, she’s give me the paperwork for the NIPT, and I would take it to the lab at some point in the next week or so. 

• Options
    gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited September 2022
    radioactivet with my oldest my gyno didn't do births so I had to switch. I ended up just asking around. I ended up deciding I wanted to give birth at 1/2 hospitals in our city and then the recommendation that I got ended up serving that hospital. I wanted my OB to have an office that was close to our house for the frequent appointments at the end. Additionally, and this may be an UO, but I didn't want just one specific doctor. My practice has like 8-9 and it's whoever is on call that delivers. I wanted to be able to meet all of them so my appointments were with all the OBs in the practice (which at this point I now have) I know some women want their doctor to be there and be the one to deliver and then they have to wait for them. Though it's been a while since I have heard something like that happen!

ETA to respond to @catem07 good call on the 10 weeks, I think that is what I did with DS2 now that I think about it!
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    Third pregnancy
    EDD / Weeks + Days:
    May 14 / 5 weeks 2 days
    Baby is the size of a:
    apple seed
    Team blue/pink/green:
    hoping for BLUE
    Upcoming Appointments:
    First visit 10/6
    How are you feeling?:
    fine, just sleepy by 8pm
    Rants/Raves:
    people have been annoying me. Just people peopling! Ha!
    Questions:
    Anyone having weird dreams? I’m having full Lifetime movie dreams it’s driving me insane! Lol!

GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple?
    All of the above!
  • Options
    FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th pregnancy (1 living child)
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 13th (5 weeks 4 days) (going by last cycle and haven't been to an ultrasound for dating)
    Baby is the size of a: appleseed
    Team blue/pink/green: green (will find out but I'll be happy with a healthy child)
    Upcoming Appointments: nurse visit is Sept 20th
    How are you feeling?: less nausea, boobs aren't hurting as much, hip pain is normal, tired is normal. 
    Rants/Raves: coworkers are frustrating
    Questions: none. But anxious for the first ultrasound
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? I'd say team pumpkin!
  • Options
    SamiMarie88SamiMarie88 member
    edited September 2022
    @hestia-is-wearie
     My first trimester with my now 2.5 yr old son was super easy and didn't even know I was pregnant. I was 11 weeks when I found out and dated at 14 weeks 1 day. Only sign I had that I didn't even think anything of was the missed cycle. Thought my body was getting use to not being pregnant (since I miscarried in March and was pregnant again by June). 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 3 / 7W2D
    Baby is the size of an: Altoid mint
    Team blue/pink/green: my whole family is pulling for blue. Between both sides of the family our folks have 5 grandsons (none on DH side),10 granddaughters (including our DD), and 4 great granddaughters. 
    Upcoming Appointments: phone screening 9/22 and New OB visit 9/29
    How are you feeling?: constantly exhausted, nauseated, and dizzy. 
    Rants/Raves: none
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? pumpkin. I just made sweet and savory pumpkin pasties for my DD Harry Potter themed birthday party. Yum. 
  • Options
    peachinolivepeachinolive member
    edited September 2022
    First Time! Unplanned
    5w1d unconfirmed
    Baby is a lil orange seed
    I want a girl
    First US is 9/27

Feeling bloated and upset about these giant boobs.. I was working on getting them smaller 😩

I'm team anything that tastes good. Apple cider beats pumpkin spice, but pumpkin pie beats apple pie.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5w4d
    Baby is the size of a: BB pellet
    Team blue/pink/green: Blue
    Upcoming Appointments: the 27th for a phone appt to ask my history.
    How are you feeling?: tired. Crampy.
    Rants/Raves: can I have my first ultrasound so I can know it’s ok..
    Questions:Is it normal for your boobs to stop hurting? And to have lower back cramping? No blood or sharp pains.
    GTKY: When it comes to fall, are you team apple, team pumpkin, or team maple? Team apple/pumpkin can’t choose!