2nd Trimester

Plus size and not showing?

I'm almost 16 weeks with my first and not showing which might be just how it is or might be because I'm overweight.   Any of you other plus size mommas showing?  If so, at what week did you start showing? 

Re: Plus size and not showing?

• I did not show until almost 27 weeks.  Each person and pregnancy is different.  As long as your medical team is not worried, you are fine.  
  • I am 15 weeks and definitely not noticeably showing and I am “normal” weight. I think all bodies respond differently and you shouldn’t be concerned if your doctor isn’t!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a size 16 and just now that I'm over 25 weeks, I'm starting to grow out of my regular pants. My maternity pants still won't stay up though 🙃
  • Thank you all!  That's helpful!  My midwife isn't at all worried.  She said my baby is measuring 2 days ahead of schedule and that baby is fine.  I guess I'm just a little worried that I won't show until the very end, especially bc most of my extra weight is around my middle.  And I'm looking forward to having a baby bump. 
  • nicademus20nicademus20 member
    edited July 2022
    I began the pregnancy at 230lbs. and only gained around 10lbs. The more a person weighs, the less they'll gain in pregnancy-and also may show less. I did have some bump showing, but not enough to say I appeared pregnant beyond my already large belly. I rarely could feel my little guy kick; as he was born at 4.9lbs. at 36 weeks. 
    I know all pregnancies are different though.
    I just hope you don't have people wondering why you're not showing as I did-people asking for photos of the baby bump, etc. 
    I never knew there was a pressure to show a bump! Hahaha
    I hope all goes well for you and all the others that commented too. 😊
    (It is dead in the parent section so I still creep the pregnancy section too)
  • For me I started pregnancy around 275lbs and I'm 5'10". And my belly shape PRE pregnancy was like an apron belly as they call it. 
    I didn't start to show until 20 weeks pregnant. Now I am 27 weeks and my belly has rounded out a lot so you can definitely tell there's a baby there. I've gained 20 lbs so far.
    I would take pictures every few weeks to see the way your belly is changing. Sometimes I still feel like I'm not showing that much until I see the first bump pic I took.

Here's some pics for reference...

This is at 20 weeks.

This is at 26 weeks.

With all that being said just try to relax and not worry about your baby bump. I know it's hard, us plus size mommies wanna look pregnant as much as we feel pregnant, but either way we are still doing the thang and doing it well. 💓 
  • I'm plus size and 14 weeks. I'm showing from upper abdomen but can't really tell from bottom because my big tummy hangs 😅
  • I’m 17 weeks and not showing. It just looks like I’ve been eating a lot. Also haven’t felt first kick.
  • Totally normal! Best of luck to you x