1st Trimester
Options

8 weeks pregnant and feeling awful

I’m 8 weeks pregnant with my third child (current kids are 10 and 12 so it’s been while). I didn’t have any morning sickness or uncomfortable symptoms with my first two kids, but this pregnancy is causing me to be in bed most days! It’s been a couple weeks now of constant nausea (not throwing up thank God), lightheadedness, and just extreme exhaustion. I can’t make dinner or anything for my family bc of the smell of most food. Is this normal?? Is it just bc I’m older this time around? I know a lot of moms have nausea/morning sickness but does it keep them in bed all day?

Re: 8 weeks pregnant and feeling awful

• Options
    It happens - I had easy 1st but rough few after. But I also find week 7,8,9 were the peaks. Chat with OB lots of anti nausea stuff you can try or take…
  • Options
    I’m going through the same thing. Week 7 started the nausea and vomiting for me. Good sign I hear but take it easy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pregnant with my first and have had terrible nausea and vomiting. I’m pretty much couch ridden all day. I’ve been taking unisom and vitamin b6 25mg twice a day and I think it’s helping a little. That’s what the doctor recommended for me to take. Maybe you should look into that?
  • Options
    First time mom, right here with you. I am miserable at 8 weeks :(