March 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 8/29

How are we feeling ladies?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 8/29

• Options
    Lol that gif is perfect. Heartburn almost all the time. VERY emotional. Like anxious and sad for some reason and I can't pinpoint why, so I'm thinking pregnancy hormones 
  • Options
    Still tired & having RLP. 🙃 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gravcass with you on the emotional-ness. And you’re right, it’s a weird mix of anxiety and sadness. I cry on the daily now and I’m not enjoying it. 
  • Options
    The last few days I have been SO irritable. Like everything is annoying. This is the first full week my kids are in school and I don’t have to work everyday so I’m trying to savor that alone time so I can have patience when all my people are back. 😅

Also, still on the exhaustion/nausea train so that does not help. 

And a question: what do you all do for headache/migraines? 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul I’m with you on irritability. Unfortunately it is either the dog or my husband that sets me off and for no particular reason!? Ok, it’s the dogs constant need for attention/ play/ access to the outside/ eating grass. But husband is doing so much right and for some reason I found his doing the dishes this morning to be the absolute worst, and like his ability to sleep peaceful sends me into a rage. 
  • Options
    Oh- adding that I use regular Tylenol for my headaches. That and/or sleep as I can 
  • Options
    On Saturday this weekend my husband woke up and fixed the toilet in our kids bathroom. For some reason this made me so mad even though it was something that needed to happen. But he did it before breakfast and the kids hadn’t eaten when I got up so I was maaaaad. lol

Tylenol was not cutting it this morning 😞 but I’ve had so much water today plus some caffeine from soda (not my first choice really) and it’s seeming to be gone now. 
  • Options
    My legs and hips are so achy this week. I am using it as an excuse to eat dinner on the couch with my feet up. 
  • Options
    Acid reflux and heartburn have been a PITA this week
  • Options
    Oh I also had my first unsolicited belly touching today so that was fun 😅 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul Are you popping yet? I thought ten week bumps weren’t a thing until this week…but third timer so maybe my abs have just given up at this point. I’m shocked nobody has said anything. I’ve been rotating my same four flowy shirts for the last week. 

And who the heck touches a first trimester belly anyway? I mean, it’s awkward anytime, but when it’s not a full on round belly it seems extra weird. 
  • Options
    The nausea has gotten worse. I've thrown up a little in my mouth a couple of times. I almost fully vomited because of the smell of 1. Semi trucks breaks burning while breaking going down hill. 2. Peanut butter 3. D2 poppy diaper. And many other things. 

Head aches are better but still come on with Caffeine 
  • Options
    Headaches and heartburn for me too. Mostly just tired though - headache = perfect excuse for a nap. 

@TortugaAzul omg belly touching!! Ahh that’s like my worst fear. I do not think I will be able to keep my cool for one second if anyone touches me. STMs, how do you guys handle this? 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida im 12 weeks today and definitely popping now. It’s my 3rd though and I’m a pretty small person so it’s definitely not easy to hide. 😆

@disneybaby23 I hate being touched under most circumstances. But yesterday was more comical thank anything else because I could see on her face the realization of “oh no what am I doing?” as she was doing it 😂 but she’s not a stranger and she definitely knew I was pregnant. Strangers touching me is not at all okay. 
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul omg noooo! I am definitely a little more full in the lower abdomen, but I can't imagine anyone touching it; like it could be a burrito baby for all they know lol. 

Headaches, heartburn, nausea/vomiting/dry heaving and exhaustion. I'm with you on the irritability @heytallmama. DH is so irritating to me when I am pregnant, and for no real reason lol. 
  • Options
    I thought it was a fluke, so I hadn't mentioned anything yet, but the past few days I've been feeling the baby move! I've never felt it earlier than like 15-17 weeks. I'm only 13, so this is crazy! But it's consistent, and low in my abdomen, just like a little tapping or muscle twitch.
  • Options
    @mamabear15 I swear I felt little flutters very low in my abdomen for the past couple weeks. I'm only 11 weeks but I 100% felt something. 
  • Options
    @marebear15 @miss_lynn9 I’m definitely feeling baby’s movements over here too! So exciting!! 
  • Options
    Things have been going well so far. I started school today, and all last week and this week I have been playing the “Am I tired/sore(feet and back) because of the baby, new sleep schedule, boredom(lots of meetings/trainings), or all of the above” game. 🥲 My principal came into my room today to talk about something during a break and asked if I’m okay(she doesn’t know I’m pregnant yet), so I must’ve had a tired or in pain look on my face.😂
  • Options
    @mamahosch okay that is definitely precious! 
    If the person who rubbed my belly was a Kindergarten teacher does that make it less weird? 😂
  • Options
    @TortugaAzul I have a go-to method that I use whenever I get a migraine but I've gotten them fairly regularly since I turned 18. It's definitely super extra but I do it every time and it's never failed me. 

Step 1: take an extra strength ibuprofen (Tylenol now that I'm pregnant) or two, whatever is the biggest SAFE dose I can take at one time. And drink an entire bottle of water at the same time.
    Step 2: Take a hot shower in a dark bathroom. I usually just sit on the bottom of the shower and relax.
    Step 3: Lay down in comfy clothes with eyes covered and wrapped up warmly. Put an icepack (wrapped in a towel) or a bag of frozen veggies on the back of the neck or head.
    Step 4: Nap.
     Usually the pain reducer / hydration has kicked in by the time I'm laying down which gives enough relief to help me fall asleep and when I wake up I either feel a lot better or my migraine is completely gone. This works for me pretty much every time but everyone's different so it might not work for you or you might have to change it up a bit. 

@Wishilivedinflorida I've definitely heard that the more pregnancies you've had under your belt, the earlier you pop. But I also swear I read somewhere that the uterus sticks out an additional 1-2 inches than the size of the baby, which definitely helps the bump appear bigger. I read this over 4 years ago when I was pregnant with DD#2  though so I definitely might be misremembering that fact lol

@disneybaby23 I was lucky with DD#2, I had an anterior placenta and a left over apron belly from DD#1. I just looked like I had gained weight instead of looking pregnant. Not one unsolicited belly touch haha

@marebear15 I 100% believe it, especially if this isn't your first! I was blown away by how much the baby was moving at my 10 week ultrasound. Now that I know how wiggly they can be that early, I'll never doubt anyone who says they felt early movement.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    This week (12 weeks for me!) I have started to get up 4-5 times a night to pee. Sometimes it will only be about 5 minutes in between trips to the toilet. Apparently, I am not able to fully empty my bladder and I can tell my stream is weaker. The strange thing is that this only happens at night! It seems way too early to be having this issue and I'm concerned I may be doing permanent damage to my bladder. Has anyone else experienced this in the first trimester? Obviously, I'm going to talk to my doctor and request pelvic floor therapy. This is just very frustrating and worrying! Oh, and this is my first baby/ pregnancy 😪
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing you headache helpers. 🙏 Mine have been really bad these last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    @thefourthseed I have the same problem sometimes! I swear it takes 10 minutes to pee sometimes cause I'm trying to get everything out 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @thefourthseed @mytrueloves I got a squatty potty at target the other day and I swear it helps to more fully empty your bladder. 

@mytrueloves @TortugaAzul I fully second the idea of taking Tylenol and then taking a nap. That is the remedy that always works for me. I was worried about migraines after finding i’m not supposed to take excedrin, but the nap is still effective for me even with Tylenol.
  • Options
    Finally got new batteries for our scale and weighed myself. Down 6.5lbs. I know I'll make up for it in the end. So ready to not feel like poop though.

@Wishilivedinflorida I'm definitely extremely round in the morning before the bloat starts. Even rounder at night after. 😅 Muscle memory and stretched out stomach is definitely a thing. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I’m a smaller girl but there is definitely the “fat pad” of the lower belly that I will never get rid of. Unfortunately it seemed to be the first thing to move up to accommodate my enthusiastic uterus. 🤣 So it’s definitely the fat that I used to hide under my waistband. The kids keep patting it and kissing it. 
  • Options
    @nopegoat I always lose a big chunk of weight when pregnant but this time around I haven't lost anything and I've been kinda annoyed by it haha I've been super sick and have such bad food aversions so it makes no sense 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Started to pee a whole lot more lately! Most other symptoms have disappeared for now.
  • Options
    For those struggling to empty their bladders, I found with all the extra pressure and everything that if I slouch on the toilet it adds to the pressure a little bit and makes it very hard to urinate. If I sit up completely straight it helps a lot. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I’m having a new symptom at the moment. It’s 4am and I’ve been awake for over an hour with extreme dizziness. I woke up very dizzy, then when I got up to use the bathroom it sort of eased up. But back in bed it’s worse. I can’t lie down! I can’t put my head up. So I’m typing this half sitting on my bed, leaning forward to try and get more blood to my head. Woke up DH and he’s half rubbing my back half still snoring lol. Is this a man trait, the ability to sleep through anything 😅 Anyways, I’m wondering if I’m low on iron since I switched to a prenatal vitamin without it to help with digestion. I may switch back, or take the iron on alternate days or something. I’ll just have to monitor the dizziness and see if this is a on-off or a new symptom. 
  • Options
    Exactly! Yesterday and last night were better...it just freaked me out! My mom promises it will go back to normal after pregnancy. 
  • Options
    auriculatusauriculatus member
    edited September 2022
    Apparently I don't know how to read dates 😅