March 2023 Moms
Options

Infertility Warrior Check-In week of sept 3

You guys I am so sorry I’ve been so terrible with posting this. I have been having anxiety and so much all day sickness, literally nothing has been getting done. 
I hope you all are having such a wonderful week! 
What are you looking forward to for this month? 
What has been challenging to you recently? 
What are you eating!? What do you wish you could eat? 
How’s your anxiety on a level 1-10? 1 being at a spa and 10 being chased by bears while on fire and the mean girls judging your hair LOL 
share something random about yourself! 

Re: Infertility Warrior Check-In week of sept 3

• Options
    What are you looking forward to for this month? I have a drs appointment sept 14 and my dr is going to be doing an in office ultrasound. It’ll be my husbands first time being able to see the baby in person! He’s been away working since I was 6 weeks (and at 6 weeks I had a hematoma and was bleeding and terrified). 
    What has been challenging to you recently? I’m still so sick even with the meds and now I just can’t sleep. I hope this changes.  
    What are you eating!? What do you wish you could eat? Pickled asparagus has been my constant go to food and I feel good about it since it’s such a great vegetable for pregnancy. I wish I could eat more veggies and chicken but it all just sounds awful. Also wish I could eat beans but the god awful night of horrible awful painful gas is just not worth it. 
    How’s your anxiety on a level 1-10? 1 being at a spa and 10 being chased by bears while on fire and the mean girls judging your hair LOL. — because of my Doppler, my stress has been at like a 6 most days. Sometimes I can’t get the heartbeat right away so I get anxious but I just drink a bunch of water and walk around and can get a reading quickly after. It’s such a reassuring thing for me. I can also hear the baby kick or punch which is really cool. 
     share something random about yourself! 
    I asked it and yet can’t really think of something lol I’m a serial tv show series repeater. It’s to do with anxiety, nice knowing theirs a reason for my craziness. lol. 
  • Options
    Thank you for getting this going again! I spend a lot of time reading the threads but this is the only one I have posted on so far :) 

What are you looking forward to for this month? 
    Finally announcing! We have told our very close friends and family but have been patiently waiting to tell the rest of the world.

What has been challenging to you recently?
    My husband and I are struggling about whether to move forward with cell free DNA testing. Having already had a loss and going through infertility and IVF, we are finding it to be a difficult decision. 

What are you eating!? What do you wish you could eat? 
    Anything crunchy and salty! I have been lucky with nausea but have not been able to stomach my daily smoothies. 

How’s your anxiety on a level 1-10?
    It changes day to day, some days I am looking up baby moon destinations and others I’m going down some unpleasant rabbit holes. On average I would say 5 :) 

Share something random about yourself!
    This is always a hard one! Especially after going through infertility that consumes your life and you forget who you were before (at least that was my experience). This is very refreshing. I am starting an American Sign Language course this month, this has been a long time goal of mine and I am so excited to learn something new and have a different focus for the first time in a long time! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wwcr17 I was also nervous about the free cell dna for some reason I couldn’t put my finger on. That said, having just gotten my results back this weekend, knowing that things are all good has made me feel much less anxious and like this is more “real” than I have felt since our fertility team told us it was positive. Something about that assurance just finally let me accept things we’re OK and would be OK. 

Also- where are you taking the ASL course?! This has also been a long goal of mine but I’ve struggled to get started. 
  • Options
    @wwcr17 @heytallmama (lurking here) ASL course sounds awesome! I would also love to learn but have no idea where to start.
  • Options
    @wwcr17

Thank you so much for participating !!! 
    I’m going out of order because I have unmediated ADHD but I LOVE helping to teach my students ASL! It’s such an incredible language to learn and communicate with. 
    I opted out of genetic testing stuff (my doctor stood by me since we did all the IVF testing and stuff like that) I’m such a worrier, it’s just not worth it. 

How are you thinking of announcing ?! I announced very early, at 8 weeks. It’s all I could really do to let myself get excited and even more invested in this pregnancy. I was just convinced something was going to go wrong. Now at 14 weeks I’m feeling more confident.