February 2023 Moms

Natera NIPT test results

Has anyone taken the Natera NIPT test recently? I had blood drawn on August 12th and still haven’t gotten results. I received a text on Monday the 22nd to let me know the sample is processing in the lab, and we still have not heard from our doctor. Have you heard of it taking this long? I’m getting worried this means there is something wrong.
#Pregnancy15Weeks  

Re: Natera NIPT test results

• @knottie… it does not necessarily mean something is wrong. Sometimes the lab gets overwhelmed with samples and goes through delays. You can always call Natera and find out what are reasonable expectations on when you should find out your result and what has caused the delay. 
  • @knottie seconding what @ttc3y said. Lots of thing affect testing time, including shipping time/how frequently they ship to the lab, staffing, supplies, and quantity of samples they receive. I don’t know about Natera, but 2 weeks is pretty normal for LabCorp/MaterniT, so I wouldn’t be worried about it. Definitely contact them to ask what the typical timeline is, though, because it’ll help you plan better.