3rd Trimester

Feel like I should be showing more?

Anyone else feel small at 28 weeks? I am
tall And it’s my first baby, so I know that’s a factor. But I can’t help but worry about her growth as I feel I should look much larger. 

Re: Feel like I should be showing more?

• If your doctor is not concerned, don't you be.  My torso is so long that baby could easily stretch and not show much.  I truly did not "pop" until al.ost 32 weeks.  Thats when I looked really pregnant and wish that I hadn't popped.  
  • I'm the same way I didn't even really show until maybe a week before my third trimester. Even now at 33 weeks people are surprised by how far along I am. My doctor isn't worried so I'm not going to. I also have a long torso and my baby just has always liked to be as low as possible. Sometimes people make comments that make me feel self conscious, but I just try to ignore them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I daily get “but you’re not even showing”. I’m like… well I’m still pregnant but thanks 😂
  • I’m tall with a long torso, too. My mom and sister are both ultrasound techs and scan me regularly. My baby has measured about a week ahead for my entire pregnancy, but I am not showing much at all. People are shocked when I say I’m in my third trimester. I hope this helps! 
  • It must have something to do with being tall! I'm pretty short and at 32 weeks people keep telling me I must be ready to pop - sounds like two sides of the same coin. I'd agree with the others, if your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be either. 
  • Agreed!! If the baby is growing on schedule and doc isn’t concerned, that it absolutely all that matters. People show differently. And others make stupid, insensitive comments either way. My neighbor (with whom I just have a saying hello relationship) just commented on how large my belly was (I was wearing a pretty form-fitting shirt) and asked me if I was sure I was due in November and sure it wasn’t twins 🙄. Unnecessary. Best wishes for a healthy third trimester!