March 2023 Moms
Options

Hump Day Bump Day (HDBD) 8/24

Just kidding! No one wants to see the bloat pictures yet. Let's fill this thread with pictures of your previous bumps, if you're a STM or more. Or your fur babies!

Re: Hump Day Bump Day (HDBD) 8/24

• Options
    This made my day! 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited August 2022
    My Sept 2015 bump playing basketball with her uncle tonight ❤️

• Options
    @shorty-sar your pup looks like she got a hold of those halloweeen vampire fangs and I LOVE it. What a sweet little face ❤️
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited August 2022
    @muggsd - Your 3 are even closer in age than my 3. Are they looking forward to a new baby?
  • Options
    Hats off to you guys, @marebear15 and @muggsd for having three going on four kids in same or less time than I’ve had my two! You give me hope that I can do this! But there will be no #4 for us. One of us is getting fixed!
  • Options

Here's my fur baby. I have a 2 yr old daughter too. 

• Options
    @marebear15 yep our lives are nuts right now, but in a good way 😂 my oldest is really excited and talks about the baby all the time. Youngest is too young to get it, and our middle child knows what’s coming I think? Hard to tell with that one. But she never brings it up so either she doesn’t know at all or is not at all excited. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    We're one of those crazy couples going straight into Kid #1 without ever having cared for so much as a goldfish together. Anyone else this irresponsible/reckless?   :lol:
  • Options
    @missmuisq my husband and I! We had our first and no pets ever. 
  • Options
    @missmuisq my husband and I! We had our first and no pets ever. 
    Same. We aren’t really pet people and our work hours suck for pet care. And we survived!
  • Options
    @missmuisq - Us too. We aren't big pet people, but it went well, especially since we didn't have another pet to worry about taking to the baby or anything like that.
    Now my 4yo wants a fish 😂
  • Options
    We haven’t had a pet either. I tell H - after #2 is out of diapers we can have a real conversation. I just don’t need another thing to take care of. 
  • Options
    Lol meanwhile I’m sitting here thinking our border collie/ pit mix has way too much energy, and maybe we should adopt a second dog before baby arrives so the dogs can wear one another out and our current dog can not drive me bonkers during maternity leave 🤪
  • Options
    @heytallmama I've been itching for another pup too. We had two for 14yrs and it's still weird just having one. But he's so dang good, especially for a 1yr old labrador, so my husband doesn't want to push our luck 😂
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited August 2022
    @nopegoat I just keep hearing two dogs are easier than one! So glad your pupper is so good! 

I’d wager the amount we spend annually on doggy daycare would *well* cover the adoption and vet costs, and other costs of a second dog. So…a net win in my book. My poor husband is like “can we please just have status quo??” …but I swear for how good our dog is, her energy is wild and will drive me mad while on leave. We’ve had two pitties before but dammit if that sprinkle of border collie doesn’t up the ante on the non-stop-energy bit. 

Just imagine this face, anxiously teetering to be let out the door to run. All day. Staring at you, glancing at the door, more staring. 

• Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited August 2022
    @heytallmama she's beautiful!! And yep border collies are crazy!! Haha! Fenced in yard and doggy door have been a game changer for us! That and you know, 6 wild boys to play with basically all day. 😅

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat yes; thank god for a fenced in yard! 🎉 your boys are welcome to wear our Roo out anytime 😆
  • Options
    I fully agree that two dogs are 100% easier then one. When we got our girl pup (on the left) she was so bored and would lash out by biting me and destroying all of my stuff. When we got our boy pup, her biological brother who she is 8 months older then, it calmed her down so much and she became such a good dog. And her being a good girl, made him become a good boy lol. They still get into everything and they can turn on the stove and the oven lol but they love eachother so much it’s unreal.