March 2023 Moms
Options

FFFC 8/19

Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What is your confession this week?

Re: FFFC 8/19

• Options
    Ok, mine is that I did not take a picture of our sonogram, and it is still in the folder. In my defense, you cannot see anything except this slightly grey blob. With DD it looked like a tiny baby, but because she had such a hard time getting a good view because of my "really straight uterus" (like wut?) it was a less than stellar picture. But I already feel a little guilty that Bebe #2 is getting subpar treatment lol
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt Lol what is a straight uterus? Like not tipped? Is it very heterosexual? I need to know more about your special Ute. 

Mine is that even though I peeked in radiology at my fetus I’m still making them do a full US in OB later today. Also I still need to be dated officially so I guess this isn’t that scandalous. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also very curious about this straight uterus? @bbrahmbhatt

My confession is my sister had a baby and I have zero desire to hold it. I got excited to meet the baby but within 5 minutes of holding it, I got overwhelmed. I already have a sweet D2 that takes so much of my love. I was touched out. We were all visiting at my parents and my sister left for a bit. I put D2 down for a nap and I was PUMPED to have an hour to chill.i ended up having to take care of a screeming newborn that didnt want to sleep or eat and had gas. I was not happy. I'm already touched out, over stimulated, and have so much on my shoulders I didn't want to take care of a newborn. All of this concerns me for B#2. Although it will probably be different being my baby.
  • Options
    So lately my husband has been working through feelings of that when the baby comes he won’t get so much downtime - less video game time and such - and I thought I was fully above that. And then a few days ago I found out this stupid Harry Potter video game that I swear I have been waiting my entire life for got pushed to a February release and now I’m going through these weird mentally selfish waves of frustration that I won’t get to do things that I want to do. This is our first kid and we have mostly just lived up the childless millennial life up until now where we indulge all our nerdy past times whenever we want. Swapping battle star galactica and Star Trek marathons for bluey and disney jr just hasn’t sunk in yet. Realizing that our life will shift so much around baby is definitely going to take some adjustment time - still very much excited for baby just lots of moody emotions this week. 
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 Two words: nap time! Once the craziness of newborn life settles down and he or she starts having regular naps, that time is golden! Also I advocate for having an hour or two of adult time after bedtime if possible. You’ll still have time for you, I promise. 
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 for the newborn stage of both my kids I have a video game that I associate the memories with. 😂 my daughter it was Black Flag and my son it was Mass Effect Andromeda 😅 There is definitely less time for gaming and shows you like but there is still time for you. 
    I have a feeling for this baby I will associate with the Harry Potter Legacy game. 
  • Options
    mytruelovesmytrueloves member
    edited August 2022
    @disneybaby23 we have 2 kiddos already and honestly, we still get plenty of gaming / TV / hobby time. Especially when babies are still not mobile yet, you can just plop them down next to you and watch / play whatever you want. When they get older, it's fun to include them in your hobbies. Our oldest started playing Minecraft at 2.5. DD2 is less interested but if we give her an old controller for a different console she will "play" with us happily. Recently our oldest joined in on one of our weekly D&D campaigns. And then when they're too old to not notice what's on the TV but too young for what you're watching, we just watch after the kids are in bed. Or I watch things on my phone while kiddo is watching her show on the TV. There's definitely so many ways that you can continue your hobbies after kids come into the picture! 
    Also, who says baby can't watch Star Trek with you? My oldest was there for (most of) my Voyager binging. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    My confession is that after struggling to conceive this baby, I cannot get my brain to understand that I'm pregnant.

We only did 15 completed insemination cycles to get here (we require a donor to conceive), but every single day for the last very nearly 3 years I have been tracking with BBT/ OPKs, testing my progesterone levels, getting blood work, interviewing donors, going to doctor's appointments, recovering from losses, dreaming about / thinking about/ praying to get pregnant.
    And we've had 4 losses in that timeframe.

Now it's finally here and I feel like I'm in a fog all the time. I find myself even forgetting that I'm pregnant sometimes. I think I've spent so long fantasizing about what it would be like to be pregnant again, that my brain is having a hard time realizing we've switched from fantasy to reality. I feel so guilty about it.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida @miss_lynn9 hahaha I literally lol'ed at the "is it very heterosexual" lol. I guess it's not anteverted, it's kind of just like straight up and down, so she said it was really hard to get any other view to make the baby look like a baby. She was like "Oh don't you see it, there's the heartbeat!" I couldn't see anything. She turned on the vascular flow doppler so I could see it, which was nice. I'm glad she was immediately like "Oh there's the heartbeat, and it's really strong" because I couldn't see anything lol.