December 2022 Moms
Options

20 week anatomy scan

Just had my 20 week scan. Everything seems amazing. Did so many measurements and scans. Baby boy was sitting inside down in there and they couldn’t get his face much at all. She mentioned I might have to go back at 28 weeks for a growth scan. Anyone else experience this? It was just a clinic with techs so they couldn’t go over anything with me because they weren't the doctor. Thanks, FTM here

Re: 20 week anatomy scan

• Options
    The tech that did ours warned us ahead of time that if they weren't able to see everything then we would have to come back. They also said they weren't the doctor and to wait until the doctor can talk to us officially about the scan. It felt like a covering their butts thing and setting realistic expectations. Hopefully you get your answers soon!
  • Options
    It’s a girl, I don’t have much to share as I give the adoptive parents all the print outs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was sent for a repeat scan because baby wasn't positioned great the first time and I have to go for a third scan in a few weeks for the same reason. I've got a stubborn kid in there! 
  • Options
    i have to get a repeat scan because baby boy was so curled up they couldn’t get a great look at the heart. Tech and dr didn’t seemed to worried, just how it goes sometimes.