March 2023 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread w/o 8/15

Post your weekly symptoms here!! 

I've been having crazy headaches everyday. Tylenol wasn't working, my naturopath said magnesium can help if caffeine isn't helping (which I keep forgetting to grab). But I noticed that I don't have them first thing in the morning and they start to progress throughout the day and caffeine makes them worse. I work in an office with florescent lighting and a computer I have to look at. It was so bad the other day, I wore my sunglasses in my office. Has anyone found anything to help? 

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread w/o 8/15

• @miss_lynn9 are you able to request them to remove a bulb from the lights above your desk, or use a gel to change the tone of the bulb? Gels are basically a sheet of thin plastic that’s typically used in theatre lighting to change the tone of lights on stage, but super helpful for things like this!
  • This is hard to explain, but has anyone ever had discomfort in the bladder/lower pelvic area? I had this discomfort off and on yesterday, and it mainly occurred when I needed to pee or when I would lean forward. I’m wondering if my uterus is growing and pushing against my bladder. I watched for other concerning symptoms(including UTI symptoms), and all was fine. Just something weird and thought I’d see if anyone else has experienced something like it. 😂 If it continues or gets worse I’ll be calling the Dr.   

Nausea is still here, but starting to become more mild. Bloating, fatigue and sore/itchy boobs are still in full swing. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @shorty-sar Me! One of my first pregnancy symptoms is a mild pinching/pressure in the low pelvis. I also get weird twinges when I pee but they go right away. Everything down there is growing and stretching and your uterus and bladder are right next to each other so it’s hard to differentiate what is what down there. If you aren’t having painful urination (think the urethra) you are probably good (going more frequently is unfortunately a normal pregnancy thing). Plus the OB will be making you pee in a cup anyway basically every appointment looking for bacteria anyhow. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida That’s reassuring! I’m use to twinges/pulling, but this is something else and lower. I figured it was the uterus growing since I’m 11 weeks! I had an appointment last Friday and OB made me do a pee test and it came back fine. I’ll just mention it to her the next time I see her. 
  • My most difficult symptom right now is my messed up poop schedule! I know pregnancy messes things up but I suspect my prenatal vitamin (with iron) is making things worse. I’m normally a frequent pooper (3-5 times a day), and I still am, but since my digestion is slower overall the timing got messed up and now I wake up every night around 3 or 4 am feeling an urgent need to go. Except that it takes me a full hour to finish pooping! Wtf! I gave up caffeine at the start of this pregnancy because I didn’t want it to dehydrate me but I’m starting to think I need to bring back a morning tea at the very least to try and get things moving earlier in the day. I’m also hoping after I get my blood work done (1.5 weeks from now) I’ll be told I can stop taking the iron. 
  • @excitedforpiscesbaby Fiber one bars were a godsend for both my prior pregnancies. And they are fairly tasty!
  • @excitedforpiscesbaby omg the constipation is so real. I cheered when I finally pooped this week 🤣🤣
  • @shorty-sar I’m having that too! The other day I tried moving a box on the floor with my foot and it was like I could suddenly feel all the weird pelvic floor muscles moving around. Now I notice it all the time - bathroom, climbing stairs, getting in the car. Really weird but I guess everything is moving and growing. 
  • @disneybaby23 I guess that’s what it is! I didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I only noticed it today when I was squatting really low, like looking at something on the bottom shelf low. 😅
  • Oh, lovely day! My Braxton Hicks just started.  :#
  • @mytrueloves oh man, thats a new one! I'm like very emotional and seem like I'm constantly telling myself not to cry, but I have not cried while pooping haha
  • @mytrueloves - I've never heard of that one, but the weirdest things happen to me when pregnant that I would have never expected to be a "pregnancy thing." These days I'm crying all the time.
  • @bbrahmbhatt with my 2nd, I cried SO easily. Literally all someone had to do was say the word cry and I would start sobbing. My husband thought it was hilarious so he would randomly say "are you gonna cry?" And it worked without fail every time.

@marebear15 yes! Every time I get pregnant I always wonder what weird and whacky things my body will come up with this time for fun
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves the other day I spilled some OJ and cried because MH cleaned it up and it was just so nice of him. 
    The next day I cried because the dishes weren’t done and MH said he could take care of it but stubborn me was like “no I want to do them” and I got emotional because he shouldn’t be doing the dishes for me. 

Pregnancy is really throwing me for a loop this time around. 
  • My DS was swinging his toy duster around and I told him to stop two or three times because I knew it would swing off and hit something. He didn't so I yelled, "stop swinging it NOW" and scared him and it flew off and hit me in the foot. And then I cried because I was mad at myself for yelling at him and also because he wasn't listening and I felt helpless. 😔

Also, I'm in week 9 and throwing up more than ever. I hate it.
  • I have been getting extremely short of breath, very easily. I’m a decently in shape person, so the fact that walking down the hall has me trying to catch my breath is kinda freaking me out. 

Dr. Google says this is normal, but references it in 2nd/3rd as there’s less space -which make sense. But then references 1st tri with respect to anemia, so that’s a fun new worry to add to my anxieties. I can’t wait for my appt in another week to talk to my doctors, but until then- can someone help normalize this for me to calm my nerves? Anyone else super short of breath easily? 
  • @heytallmama I am having the same. I’m not in great shape normally but I usually do not get winded climbing the stairs to my office building or walking briskly through a crosswalk. Definitely new. I tested normal for iron though last week with my bloodwork so it must be an organ shifting thing not an anemia thing for me. 
  • @heytallmama I have been getting short of breath for a couple weeks now. Dr. Google also says it can be due to changing hormone levels, specifically progesterone, and not to worry unless you also have chest pain or heart palpitations.
  • Thank you, both! Sorry you’re both also experiencing it, but also glad it’s more common! I didn’t experience this with my first so naturally anxiety kicks in 🙃
  • @heytallmama - The breathlessness just started for me and it usually has to do with my blood pressure. For a few weeks at the beginning of 2nd trimester, my blood pressure always bottoms out, to the point I'm dizzy and have to lay down. I try to drink a lot of water to combat it.