March 2023 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8/16

What's going on? 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/16

• Options
    PD for back to school starts tomorrow so today is my last day of summer and DS is at daycare so I’m enjoying shopping and now relaxing in front of the TV doing nothing 🙃
  • Options
    miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited August 2022
    @mamahosch what are you watching? I need something new to watch.

Also your day sounds lovely! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got a phone call from my sons school today  and I had totally forgotten I never got his birth certificate 🙈 so now I have to go to the county clerk office tomorrow along with the dentist and make sure all the rest of his paperwork is good so he can start school next week 😬

Anyone else feel like their brain is operating in like 20% ? 😅
  • Options
    Went to Toys R Us over the weekend , but I did not use this parking space 😂

• Options
    I've had a couple of really crazy busy days. I moved and completely revamped our rabbitry. And then I had to another huuge fence repair. I really over did it and I paying today with a nasty migraine. H had to work late and thankfully is bringing home dinner and I'm hoping and praying a coke with extra ice and lime to hide the sweetness will actually stay down and help my migraine.  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @mamahosch that sounds lovely!  I hope you enjoyed last day of break.

@TortugaAzul oh no! Thankfully they gave you a heads up so you have a little time to get it done. I'm definitely feeling like I'm living in a fog. The pregnancy brain struggle is real!  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    shorty-sarshorty-sar member
    edited August 2022
    @mamahosch I always dread PD week.🥲 Tomorrow is my last day of summer before I have to go to new-hire trainings for the rest of the week. And then PD/content area meetings all next week. 

I spent nearly about a half hour in Ulta today…it was wonderful 😂
  • Options
    @miss_lynn9 I started Only Murders in the Building on Hulu! Sooo good so far!

@nopegoat thank you! It was pretty lovely just relaxing.

@shorty-sar did you start at a new district? I’m assuming you’ve taught before since you dread PD like a sane teacher does 🤣
  • Options
    @mamahosch Yep, kind of! We moved to a rural area last summer and they didn’t have any PE/Health openings, so I long-term subbed for this district. My old district was also in a rural area and we had to have our PD sessions in the MS/HS cafeteria, and sit on the lunch table benches all day.😭 So I’m hoping this new district will have their act together. 😂
  • Options
    It’s been a busy week at work with lots of forecast and budget prep for 2023 already, but I took off a few hours today to get my hair done and I’m taking off on Friday to kick off my birthday weekend. All in all, not a bad week :) 

show reccs: Never Have I ever (Netflix), A League of Their Own (Amazon)- I binged both this week. So good!
  • Options
    My 4yo fell off her scooter last night and bashed her lip pretty badly, so we’ve been hiding inside today since she gets emotional if anyone brings it up. Hopefully tomorrow the swelling has gone down some so we can go out without it being so noticeable. 

I hate cooking with a passion right now, and it’s currently 4:11 so time to start dinner prep. Do I want to? No. Do I have to? Yes. Ugh. 
  • Options
    Aw poor kiddo @muggsd. And I just looked at all my dinner options and I don’t want to. 

I have some preschool non Covid cold my kids brought home and it’s awful! I feel worse than when I had actual Covid a couple months ago. 😭
  • Options
    I'm loving all the TV recs! I definitely second Only Murders In The Building,it's very unique!
    I recently binged Why Women Kill on Paramount+ and loved it. It sounds like a truecrime doc but it's not. 
    If you ARE into true crime, though, I finished I Just Killed My Dad in one sitting last night. It's on Netflix. 
    Some of my other favorites are Call the Midwife, Outlander, and The Good Place
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @nopegoat We don’t have SM of any kind so I’m probably going to take a pic similar to this and send it to our friends who are out of town or distant relatives that we won’t tell in person. It only works in this specific situation and is no help to you though. 🤣

• Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida that's super cute!! Definitely not something we could pull off but so cute!  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I don’t plan on putting anything on Facebook but have a much more limited set of people I’m connected with on Instagram. I tend to post a lot of my DIY/ home reno projects and since I have to change my office into the nursery, I think I might do a little before/ after. 

This is what we did for our 1st, with the caption:
    ”shit is starting to get real in the ____ residence.”

• Options
    @heytallmama aww!  I love that!  
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat my first pregnancy I didn't do an announcement. My friend asked why he never saw my bump so I posted a pic on my IG stories and then posted some professional maternity photos later. 

With the MC I made a big sister shirt and was going to use that. This time around I will probably end up doing the same thing I did with my first and just end up posting a bump pic. 
  • Options
    mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited August 2022
    We’re doing a Bluey announcement next week since DS is obsessed 🤣 
  • Options
    @disneybaby23 I love that idea!! I agree that announcing to your friends prior to the wedding is a thoughtful idea. You will most likely be showing enough that it won't be easy to hide it. 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida i love that idea. I already have one of each too. I might have to steal this announcement idea if that’s okay! 
  • Options
    Have at it @TortugaAzul!

I have the worst non-Covid cold from my daughter and just found out last night one of my physician colleagues has Covid and I was all around him yesterday (mostly masked). I really don’t want Covid and I especially don’t want it on top of another virus. 😩 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt Obviously I was over it too. 🤣

Had a couple teaspoonfuls of old blood pass this morning and some cramping. Luckily I can mosey on over to US at my job and have a look…Bebe is alive and well with HR 173 ❤️  I do have a small hematoma which explains the blood. 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I'm so glad you were able to go over! I would definitely pop over to L&D if I had any bleeding!
  • Options
    I just created a (private for now) Amazon baby registry and it says I only have 31 weeks to go! Somehow it seems more near when it’s worded like that instead of 9 weeks pregnant. 

For any FTMs (or even STM) I highly recommend a new registry because you get freebies and samples. I believe Target, Babylost, and BBB do as well and that’s how I got a bunch of bottles to try to see what my babies liked before going back to work. Plus you get a sweet discount coupon for anything you want to purchase in lump sum (after you have had a shower or received whatever gifts you will receive). RIP Baby’s R Us, I miss you. 

I checked out the Medela website and it looks like the pumps have changed but you can sign up to be a beta tester. Unfortunately what supplies I have leftover from before won’t work with the new pump I will receive. 

Anybody know of any new freebie programs/samples out there? I’m a sucker for that stuff. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt @Wishilivedinflorida Same here with the drive-bys... I'm not here often cause I find it exhausting to try and figure out "do I know this person? Or are they just here for today?". Once we have a more consistent group it will be so much easier to keep track of! Right now I'm too tired to figure it out  ;)
  • Options
    @muggsd I really enjoyed all the white knights that swooped in that magically had just created new accounts. I hate that they got rid of the waiting period for new posts. Basically if I don’t recognize the username and it’s a one off post, I assume they aren’t sticking around. That’s what baby center is for 
  • Options
    My grandparents and mom were here yesterday watching DS because daycare was closed… when I got home from our back to school conferences my grandma did the ring test on me. She’s done it with every pregnant person she’s known her whole life, and that’s a lot of people. She’s only ever gotten it wrong once like 40 years ago! 

The ring test said GIRL and I will cry if I’m the only other person she’s gotten it wrong with 🤣 maybe our “family boy curse” as my cousin jokingly puts it is finally broken lol.
  • Options
    My husband left for work out of state a few days ago and was supposed to be home tonight. Problems with the job arose and now he won't be back till Monday or Tuesday night. We have church tomorrow and my older 3 boys are scheduled to serve in the alter so I have to go. I don't want to though. It's going to be such a crap shoot. Getting 6 kids and myself ready, morning chores all done before, the hour drive there, all by myself while being on the verge of puking any second. There is no nursery for kids so I have to step out frequently with my 1yr old to feed and calm him down usually my husband or at the very least our Godparents are there to help with the other boys but they are gone right now too. 😭😭

It's going to be a looong day tomorrow. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat oh man that is a scenario I’m which I would have NO problem excusing myself from. Can you let someone know the situation and offer another Sunday? I’m sure they’ll understand! That’s a lot to manage solo, pregnant or not! 

I just woke up from a nap and my husband had bought me Taco Bell. I have been craving nacho cheese type food and was napping bc of a headache. Waking up to this was just..the greatest. I *rarely* eat fast food, especially TB, but damn this crunch wrap supreme is really hitting the spot. 😭😭
  • Options
    @heytallmama Haha, there are 2 scenarios in which I eat taco bell. It is either coming back from the airport at midnight and nothing else is open OR pregnancy. I had taco bell last week. 😆
  • Options
    @heytallmama I've been having huge taco bell cravings lol
  • Options
    I’m headed to my first prenatal yoga class tonight! I didn’t do it first time around but my pregnancy buddy/classroom neighbor said she enjoyed it her last pregnancy so we signed up together! They’re 6 week programs and you keep signing up throughout your pregnancy. I’m excited because I used to go to yoga allll the time!
  • Options
    I should have taken @heytallmama advice and not gone. It was a complete crapshoot. 1yr old wasn't having it. 3yr old tested all the limits and was so defiant. A couple nice ladies tried to step in to help but my boys weren't having much of it. 😅

**********TW loss mentioned************

I also found out today that two of the ladies that were also pregnant, one due late December, and the other our priest's wife that was due early March both lost their babies this week. My heart is absolutely broken for them and I cried all the way home. Such a crappy and emotional day. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I’m sorry church was so difficult for you today, on so many levels. Hopefully your crew settled when you got home and you were able to have a more calm rest of the sunday! I’m sorry to hear of your friends’ losses. 
  • Options
    @heytallmama thank you. It was a tough day. When we got home I gave the older boys some game time and set the 3yr old up with a Blaze marathon so my 1yr old and I could take a nap. Quick, easy dinner. Then loaded all 6 boys, the dog, and the bottle baby goat up for a cherry limeade slushes with nerds from Sonic at 9pm. 😅 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙